To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Omaha, NE
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
JLL • Omaha, NE
Posted 2 months ago
The Operating Engineer has a strong focus on operating, maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing facility equipment on all systems. In order to successfully complete daily/weekly work assignments, the Operating Engineer is expected to demonstrate technical expertise in one craft area (e.g., Electrical, HVAC, Piping/Plumbing, Central Utility Plant Operations) and be multi-skilled in others.
- Safely operate the facility in accordance with all applicable government and regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrate and enforce safety rules and behaviors.
- Identify, enforce, and assess safety hazards and risks.
- Participate in incident investigations.
- Perform maintenance and monitoring repairs to the mechanical, plumbing, structural, furniture, control, and fire, life and safety systems to keep building systems up to applicable standards.
- Maintain HVAC systems and equipment at optimum levels (e.g., cleaning, inspecting, changing parts).
- Where necessary, record readings and make adjustments to ensure proper operation of equipment.
- Comply with departmental policies for the safe storage, usage, and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Maintain a clean and safe workplace.
- Monitor pricing and work quality of outside contractors.
- Review monthly Client Service Request summaries to pinpoint and correct recurrent operational problems.
- Respond to customer inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Assist site Facility Management team with emergency situations (e.g., fire alarms, chemical spills, hazardous conditions) and take appropriate actions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or state equivalent
- Minimum of two years of college or related trade schooling
- Minimum of four years’ experience in electrician trade or related field – or, minimum of four years’ experience in HVAC/refrigeration trade or related field
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
- Valid U.S. driver’s license with a clean driving record.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to perform all work using the proper personnel protective equipment (PPE).
- In strict accordance, ability to perform all applicable safety policies, procedures, and practices.
- Have thorough knowledge of building systems to achieve operating costs – especially energy! – and satisfy customer requirements.
- Demonstrate aptitude for and/or have practical experience with thermodynamic, electrical, and/or mechanical systems, as well as computer controlled equipment.
- Working knowledge of computer applications, including Word and Excel
PHYSICAL WORK ABILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
This position requires frequent walking, climbing, bending, kneeling, lifting, stooping, and working/extending overhead, including:
- Walking large, campus-like settings.
- Lifting a minimum of 80 lbs.
- Climbing stairs and navigating rooftops to access equipment.
- Using ladders up to 30 ft and working from heights.
- Climbing a ladder with a 300-lb weight limit while carrying a tool bag weighing approximately 20 lbs.
JLL Privacy Statement
When you visit JLL websites, JLL may collect information related to those visits, without you actively sending that information. This information may include, for example, the internet browser you are using, your access device’s operating system, the language in which that system presents information to you, your IP (Internet Protocol) address, the web search that took you to the JLL website, the web pages and advertisements displayed to you, and the links you click on.
For additional details please see JLL's Global Privacy Statement or our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please view our Equal Opportunity and Information Security disclaimers here.