To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
325 Atlantic Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Direct Support Professional
Services for the UnderServed • Brooklyn, NY
Posted 8 days ago
Turn your passion for helping others into a fulfilling career at one of New York City’s most respected disability services organizations.
Services for the UnderServed (S:US) is hiring Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) to support people with intellectual/developmental disabilities in living their best life in a safe environment. Join our team to start your career in social services while learning from the best experts in the field.
S:US offers: Flexible scheduling, 1199 union benefits, and boasts a 10-percent internal promotion rate organization-wide!
This opportunity is available at our program located on Bainbridge Street in Brooklyn, NY so you can work close to home.
- Provide habilitation services to each client as prescribed in that client’s service plans (CFA, Individual Service plan, Habilitation plan)
- Assist each client, as needed, in skill development in areas such as activities of daily living, domestic living, recreation and socialization
- With appropriate training and supervision, administer medication to clients as assigned and in compliance with management, medical and nursing policies and procedures
- Ensure assigned clients’ nutritional needs are met according to prescribed diet, and assist with feeding as necessary
- Report immediately any observed/known deficiencies or own inability in providing habilitation services to clients, as well as all types of abuse and other facility problems, including physical plant/safety issues to management
Benefits Overview: We offer attractive compensation with comprehensive benefits including: Medical/Dental/Prescription/Vision/Life Insurance;403(b); Credit Union; FSAs; Short-and-Long-Term Disability; Transportation Plan; Generous Paid Vacations and Holidays
- HS Diploma or GED required, Associates Degree preferred
- One year’s experience providing direct services to developmentally disabled persons preferred
- Valid NYS Driver’s licens
- Preferred Certifications: AMAP, SCIP-R, CPR & First Aid
As a leading provider of residential and support services to individuals with special needs, Services for the UnderServed provides the resources you need to build on your experience amidst our culture of team support. Ongoing training and attention to your development help to ensure your success. Your achievements and leadership are rewarded by advancement opportunities. Our commitment to continuous quality improvement impacts the lives of our clients and communities while contributing to the development of our employees.