To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Orlando, FL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Tax & Treasury Manager
FoodFirst Global Restaurants, Inc.™ • Orlando, FL
Posted 15 days ago
The Tax & Treasury Manager will serve as the company’s lead tax professional providing daily and longer term direction. Leads all aspects, income, franchise, gross receipts, sales and use, miscellaneous local tax filings and records taxes owed according to prescribed rates, laws and regulations. Provides financial, analytical, and negotiating expertise. Ensures the tax policies, procedures, and internal controls comply with US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Directs, implements and maintains a philosophy congruent with FoodFirst’s culture, which services as a guide to other associates.
Essential Job Functions:
- Advises the executive staff on the aspects and effects of business activities on taxes; formulating strategies for minimizing tax liabilities.
- Ensures that the company complies with periodic tax payment requirements, and compiles information on other reporting ad tax authority requirements.
- Prepares quarterly Deferred Tax Schedules (i.e.SFAS109) in accordance with GAAP including working with valuation allowances
- Prepares FIN48 analysis and proposes adjustments in accordance with GAAP
- Represents the organization before taxing bodies as may be required and / or coordinates with outside counsel
- Responsible for managing all tax audits to resolution.
- Organizes and maintains tax records and conducts tax studies and special projects.
- Leads the strategic focus on tax and liability, modeling, and funding.
- Ensures the financial policies, procedures, and internal controls comply with US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), SEC reporting requirements (if applicable), including Sarbanes-Oxley, to include best practices.
- Assists and directs models to minimize tax liability and maximize profits company-wide.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating sales and use tax rates in our financial and POS systems
- Contributes financial, analytical, and negotiation expertise involving all aspects of mergers and acquisitions.
- Report on competitive industry trends involving expansion and growth opportunities.
- Develops policies and procedures for compliance with all tax regulations.
- Gathers and utilizes appropriate information and takes urgent action in correcting problems and concerns.
- Communicate progress on achieving goals and notify Chief Accounting Officer of all current and potential issues that impact the company as a whole.
- Shares ideas with the accounting team and promote a commitment to reach team goals.
- Responsible for maintaining and setting up of the legal structure and new ID#’s
- Responsible for daily review and movement of cash
- Responsible for maintain cash forecast files
- Responsible for working with bank relationships
- Responsible for making loan, interest, and other daily electronic payments
- Responsible for recording EFT payments in the general ledger
- Responsible for maintaining and reconciling back-up to all electronic payments at the corporate level
- Works closely with sales audit to maintain proper flow of funds to the restaurants
- Maintains the records to properly record debt and debt related information in the financial statements
Secondary Job Functions:
- Facilitate and maintain knowledge of computer systems and FoodFirst policies and procedures.
- Works closely with Compliance specialist on liquor and business licenses and permits
- Reviews all leases and other legal documents to identify tax impacts.
- Assist the Chief Financial Officer in the development of strategic objectives, philosophies, mission, strategies and tactics.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations.
- Ability to write technical reports, business correspondence, and procedural manuals.
- Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from legal entities, financial institutions, regulatory agencies, or members of the finance and business community.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from executive management team, public groups, regulatory agencies, and/or board of directors.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite of products.
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university (prefer CPA); or 7+ years of experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CPA is preferred.
This position may have subordinate non-supervisory employees that report to it.
FoodFirst is an Equal Opportunity Employer