To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Charlotte, NC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
CDL Class A Delivery Truck Driver - $60K-$65K Average Pay
McLane Company • Charlotte, NC
Posted 27 days ago
Job Summary/General Description
- Average pay: $60,000-$65,000 per year
- Accelerated pay based on your experience
- Guaranteed minimum pay biweekly
- Bonuses for referring qualified drivers to McLane
- Day 1 benefits: Medical, dental, vision, and company-paid life insurance
- 401(k) begins after 90 days, and McLane matches your contribution annually
- Paid holidays and sick time after your first 90 days
- Home time: Route bids are 4 days per week with 3 days off every week. They are team routes averaging 14-15 hours.
McLane Charlotte is a domicile of McLane Grocery Carolina, serving customers in western and central North Carolina.
Becoming a McLane teammate is to become part of an honest, stable, and reliable company with 124 years of success. We are looking for teammates with perseverance who do not mind taking the extra step for our customers, our community, and the company. In return, we will pay you well and offer you the opportunity to go as far in your career as you want to go.
McLane drivers do much more than drive. Although that is an important part of the job, being the face of our company to our customers is your primary role. You are the person they see week after week. You will develop strong relationships that create value and trust with our customers. The variety of tasks you will perform on each route will ensure you are never bored. You will deliver and unload products safely and on time to multiple stops along each route.
All McLane drivers must be at least 21 years old.
You must possess a valid Class A commercial driver's license (CDL-A) and have at least 1 year or 50,000 miles of tractor-trailer driving experience.
Essential Job Functions/Principal Accountabilities
- Stacking and sorting delivered goods
- Picking up merchandise as needed
- Checking vehicle and equipment pre- and post-trip
- Checking load inventories against invoice for accuracy
- Unloading via ramp or liftgate and hand cart and/or pallet jack
- Securing empty pallets and totes in trailer
- Maintaining the cleanliness of your truck
- Returning equipment to its storage location after use
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
WORK SAFE HOME SAFE is one of our mottos at McLane Company. Your safety and ability to do your job and get home to your family is why all prospective teammates go through a pre-hire screening process.
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Have a high school diploma or a GED
- Possess a valid Class A commercial driver's license (CDL-A)
- Have a minimum of 1 year or 50,000 verifiable miles of tractor-trailer driving experience
- Meet McLane's MVR and risk rating qualifications
- Have excellent customer service skills
- Bring a high degree of attention, skill, and dexterity to controlling a tractor-trailer and preventing damage to materials and trailer equipment
- Be able to lift and move product and pallets weighing up to 75 pounds
- Undergo a background check and a drug test