Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our
diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
You will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you
can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, we are on a continuous journey of discovery and development. It’s this attitude that has made us an industry leader and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. For those joining us, we offer exciting and fast moving career opportunities where you can affect change at a rate unheard of in many organizations of our size and scope. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people.
Under the direction of the Branch Manager or Field Leader, maintain a safe and professional environment for applicants, clients, and employees.
1. Responsible for the safe and timely transporting supplies, equipment and materials to the appropriate destination.
a) Provides customer service to clients.
2. Maintains required records and paperwork.
a) Reads, understands and complies with departmental policies, protocols and procedures: (i.e. Procedure Manuals, Safety Manual, Compliance Manual, Automobile policies and procedures, Employee Handbook, Quality Assurance Manual).
b) Assist with compilation of monthly statistics and data. Submits data on time monthly.
c) Submits accurate time and travel logs as directed by management and on time.
d) Submits accurate expense forms, if applicable, on the required day.
3. Demonstrates organizational commitment.
a) Adheres to departmental and company code of grooming and dress code and lab coat policies, appearing neat and clean at all times.
b) Reports on time to work, following attendance guidelines.
c) Answers the telephone in a friendly and helpful manner, by incorporating the company name, self-identification and a helpful statement
d) Communicates appropriately with customers, agents, applicants, coworkers and the general public.
e) Communicates all unresolved problems immediately to the appropriate Manager or Supervisor. Remains polite and courteous at all time.
4. Additional responsibilities required of Greeter.
a) Ensures facilities or work area are neat, clean and in good repair, takes appropriate action to advise Manager or Supervisor of required repairs and maintenance; Disposes of biohazard containers when scheduled.
b) Assist with periodic inventory counts, report shortages and problems to Manager or Supervisor as they occur; stocks supplies as needed
c) Performs other department-related clerical duties when assigned.
d) Answers phone and dispatch calls when assigned.
e) Participates on teams and special projects when asked.
f) Assist Manager or Supervisor with the implementation of SOPs for examiner services in accordance with Quest Diagnostics guidelines.
g) With direction and guidance from Manager or Supervisor, and having appropriate training guidelines, act as mentor and resource person for new employees providing support for department protocols, practices and procedures.
h) Assist with distribution of technical information and communications to the work group.
i) Travel and flexible hours required.
j) All other duties as assigned, within scope of the position.
Supervision Exercised: None
1. High school diploma or equivalent
2. Medical terminology knowledge preferred.
1. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
2. Must be flexible and available based on staffing requirements; weekends, holidays and overtime. May be required to work occasional on-call duties weekends, evenings and early AM
3. Must have valid driver license and clean driving record
4. Demonstrates good organization, communication, and interpersonal skills; is able to manage concerns of patients and employees in a professional manner
5. Basic computer skills in Microsoft office with the ability to learn new software
6. Must be able to make decisions based on established procedures and exercise good judgment. Seek supervisor guidance when appropriate.
7. Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.