To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Washington, DC
- Phone: 000-000-0000
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
KWES-TV Midland/Odessa • Washington, DC
Posted 1 month ago
WUSA9, the TEGNA owned CBS affiliate in Washington DC has an opening for an experienced Account Executive to join our sales team. We are looking for a creative solutions-based seller who can develop ideas that produce results for our customers utilizing our multi-platform products.
The right candidate will have experience in media sales, be able to think creatively and be able to learn TEGNA's product suite. We are looking for a consultative seller who is focused on results. Keys to success include the ability to ask for the order and close with customers.
The successful candidate will be a dynamic seller, who will manage a high-volume account list. This person will be responsible for growing revenue and share by effectively negotiating, packaging and recommending solutions that utilize our broadcast and digital assets. Must be detail-oriented and able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Achieve all broadcast and digital sales goals on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Maximize share of business from an assigned list of local and regional accounts
- Develop new revenue through selling sponsorships, digital solutions, and Premion OTT
- Utilizes Account Manager & Sales Assistant to provide exceptional customer service to clients.
- Utilizes Account Manager & Sales Assistant to organize and prioritize business to successfully meet goals and deadlines.
- Builds effective verbal & written marketing presentations in collaboration with Account Manager, Marketing Specialist, Research Director, and Sales Assistants.
- Use Salesforce to manage day to day activity, pipeline, and forecasts
- A minimum of 3 years of broadcast television sales experience
- College degree preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience in WideOrbit and Salesforce preferred
- High energy & self-motivated.
- Ability to work effectively and independently as part of a team.
- Experience in using qualitative research and/or other marketing research tools.
- A valid driver's license with an excellent driving record, as well as reliable transportation and proof of insurance
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 47 television stations and two radio stations in 39 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across platforms. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults on-air and approximately 35 million across its digital platforms. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry's top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont and Emmy Awards. TEGNA delivers results for advertisers through unparalleled and innovative solutions including OTT local advertising network Premion, centralized marketing resource Hatch, and G/O Digital, a one-stop shop for local businesses to connect with consumers through digital marketing. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.