To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Alexandria, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Intern, Content Ops
ProQuest • Alexandria, VA
Posted 18 days ago
ProQuest – Who we are…
The ProQuest Mission: Better research. Better learning, Better insights. ProQuest enables people to change their world. ProQuest supports the efforts of students and researchers across the globe. Providing important research tools and curating treasure troves of content has helped ProQuest to become an industry leader in the Information Services market.
Intern, Content Ops
What will I be doing?
This internship role is focused on providing experience working with content-based metadata from streaming video, electronic text, archival, and other primary source material for various projects and endeavors at PQIS. It will offer in-depth and state-of-the-art experience in these areas as well as an opportunity to work with ProQuest’s extensive and valuable text-data assets.
The intern will work with other ProQuest colleagues within and outside of the Content team to gain better exposure to the work across the organization. As part of this internship, the intern will also cultivate skills by aligning bibliographic and descriptive content metadata with product needs, contributing to original and high-profile ProQuest research, and assisting staff in maintaining the metadata & performance of products to meet the high-quality standards that ProQuest demands for its customers.
In this position, you will also...
- Conduct original research in specific metadata areas of interest.
- Work with mentors and colleagues to both implement and develop, from scratch, new metadata approaches.
- Evaluate, revise, and improve content metadata based on quantitative metrics as well as feedback and suggestions from colleagues.
- Be expected to participate in cross-departmental initiatives as needed by assisting with workflows to ensure completion of projects on schedule that meet customer expectations.
Three reasons you should apply...
1. You enjoy the rush of researching for the perfect data source.
2. You’re able to effectively prioritize tasks and shift as needed.
3. You thrive at collaborating with other individuals.
This job may not be a fit if...
1. Repetitive data entry work makes you cringe.
2. Effective communication, both verbal and online is not skills you possess.
3. You don’t desire to be part of an amazing team within an equally amazing organization!
Qualified Candidates must have…
- Actively pursuing or completed a bachelor’s or graduate degree majoring in the various Liberal Arts disciplines, Library Science, Computer Science or other related field at an accredited school.
- Past experience with Microsoft Office suite of programs (or Mac equivalent).
- Strong verbal and online communication skills.
- Works well independently and as part of a team.
Superstar Candidates will ALSO have…
- Fluency in other languages, particularly French, Spanish, or German.
- Exhibit company values, departmental and role competencies at an individual contributor level within ProQuest.
- Able to juggle multiple projects and deadlines, provide up-to-date, accurate status reports and open to ongoing feedback/adjustments where needed.
- Able to effectively use the department’s tools & internal systems.
- Interactions with colleagues, vendors, and content providers meet ProQuest’s expected level of professionalism.
- Self-directed: Able to handle full range of tasks effectively, but also knows when to escalate issues as they arise.
- Develop a technical understanding of how internal systems work to produce live content in order to assist in troubleshooting and repair of customer-reported issues.
Other important information about this position:
- This position is based in our Alexandria, VA office location.
- This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
More to love about becoming a PQ employee!
- Forbes Ranks ProQuest among 2018 America’s Best Mid-Size Employers
- We offer professional development opportunities with a significant focus on learning.
- We hold fun on-site events.
- Our employee population is smart and highly collaborative.
- We have a relaxed dress code… yes, that means blue jeans (and not just on Fridays!)
- All of our employees have access to ProQuest research products including e-books, genealogy and academic journals.
At ProQuest, we work hard and have fun doing it. If you’re in search of a Internship that is challenging and fun, please consider joining our talented team!!
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.