Accelerate Your Career
Drive global technology
With more than $2 billion in revenues, CDK Global is a leading global provider of integrated information technology and digital marketing solutions to the automotive retail and adjacent industries. Focused on enabling end-to-end automotive commerce, CDK provides solutions to dealers in more than 100 countries around the world, serving approximately 28,000 retail locations and most automotive manufacturers. CDK Global solutions automate and integrate critical processes from pre-sale targeted advertising to the sale, financing, insurance, parts supply, repair and maintenance of vehicles, with an increasing focus on utilizing data analytics and predictive intelligence.
We’re large enough to make a difference but small enough for your voice to be heard. This means that we are an organization where every person matters. You can make an impact on the success of our business and that of our customers regardless of what career you decide to pursue.
From data scientists to sales and client service experts, we’re hiring to support your growth and ours - Green light your career.
The Client Technical Analyst is responsible for providing level 1 technical and troubleshooting support via telephone, web chats, and electronic communications to CDK automotive retail application users. These applications include Parts & Service Software, Systems/Hardware or Accounting Software associated with our Lightspeed Motor Sports Division. You will learn and apply technical and industry knowledge to a variety of questions and problems faced by our clients. You will be expected to use outstanding customer service skills to negotiate priorities and callback expectations with the client. You will be responsible for using CDK support tools to address and resolve client issues in a timely manner.
Successful candidates are comfortable working with computers and working in a fast paced, innovative environment. Must possess excellent typing and phone communication skills and have some background in customer service. Successful candidates will also be able to analyze and troubleshoot technical and mechanical problems and explain resolutions to non-technical users.
Position Responsibilities & Essential functions
- Receives inbound client/associate inquiries via phone, web chat, e-mail, and online ticket
- Creates case logs, record information, establish resolution time, follow up on issues, and escalate complex issues
- Assesses issues and establish a course of action to guide the client/associate to timely resolution of inquiry
- Troubleshoots problems with malfunctioning software applications and recommends corrective action
- Directs and guides clients through resolution of technical issues
- Submits requests for product changes and other custom programming updates
- Practically applies knowledge of CDK case resolution process, policies, and escalation methodology
- Attends training courses as required and stay abreast of evolving internal processes and industry developments
- Provides customer service and remote support services and applies problem solving skills
- Works in a team environment and assist team members on various issues
- Provides other ad hoc support and duties as assigned
- Works in an environment with competing priorities
Qualifications & Requirements
- Associates/Bachelors strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge of Accounting Functions/Accounting Principles
- Proficient PC skills, specifically in Windows and IOS environments
- Knowledge and familiarity with mobile devices (Smartphones/iPads)
- Ability to document, track and monitor a problem/issue to a timely resolution
- Problem solving ability
- Strong negotiation skill; strong verbal and written communication skills along with prioritization of duties
PREFERRED ATTRIBUTES & Qualifications
- 1 year of PC desktop support or technical support experience with client contact
- Knowledge of Microsoft O/S and PC hardware, Microsoft Printing, Active X controls, and Mobile devices (Smartphones/iPads)
- Experience using a ticketing System such as Clarify, Remedy, or Footprints
- Knowledge of Unix / Linux / SQL
- PC certifications (A+, MCDST or MCST)
- Automotive industry experienc
CDK Global knows you have passions outside of work. You have family, friends, sporting events, and lots of things going on. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to not only take care of you but your family as well. All of our benefits are effective the first day of employment including 401K matching, paid time off to re-energize, donate your time to volunteer in your community, and tuition reimbursement to name a few.
At CDK, we pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. We value and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different perspectives they provide. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.
Complex Problem Solving
Apple I Pad