To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Alexandria, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Accountant II - PFR
PenFed Credit Union • Alexandria, VA
Posted 1 month ago
PenFed Realty is hiring an Accountant II in Alexandria, Virginia. The primary purpose of this job is to perform a variety of moderately complex accounting duties including processing detailed accounting transactions, general ledger account reconciliation, and moderately complex account research and analysis and discrepancy resolution. This position will be responsible for daily cash reconciliations, bank reconciliations, and inventory accounting. In addition, the Accountant II will interact daily with agents, operational staff, and members of the accounting team.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Support all accounting functions related to billing, payables/receivables and cash management functions, ensures the accurate and timely completion of assigned tasks. Functional areas include:
- Accounts Payable – Update vendor file and vendor records, process invoices submitted for payment ensuring correct coding, maintain and process all recurring invoices. Verify all disbursements have been properly authorized with proper supporting documentation. Schedule and process all payments.
- Cash Reconciliation – reconcile actual deposits to reported deposits into operating and escrow accounts daily and record the receipts to transactions or general ledger accounts
- Bank Reconciliation – reconcile cash accounts daily and report daily cash position
- Commissions’ Payable and Receivable - ensure commission payments are received according to transaction Closing Disclosures, follow up on outstanding commissions receivable, apply funds received to transactions and pay our Agents according to their Independent Contractor Agreement. Maintain transaction records and ensure all records are complete and accurate.
- Agent Billing/Receivable - Post ad hoc agent billing requests to agents’ billing statements, process large (batch) billing events monthly and quarterly and plan and complete all related activities for batch billing, apply payments received from agents to their statements
- Inventory Accounting – Maintain billing and payment records for each property both in our system and post receivables in the property owners’ billing systems, pay vendors for work performed at each property, follow up on aged accounts.
- Provide support to agents and sales office managers in response to inquiries regarding commission payouts, deductions, and commission calculations.
- Maintain current and complete procedural documentation of assigned duties.
- Cross train in other departmental functions to ensure coverage of critical duties.
- Provide recommendations for process improvements in assigned areas of responsibility.
- Provide training and guidance to less experienced staff.
- Assist Examiners, CPA Auditors, and Internal Auditors during periodic examinations and audits.
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of accounts payable transactions, agent commission payments, and agent billing processes.
- This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties.
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, in a related field, or a combination of education and experience, which provides a level of skill and knowledge necessary to satisfactorily, perform the essential job functions.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in an accounts payable, payroll, or bookkeeping function.
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft office tools.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
This position will not directly supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
There are no additional licenses and/or certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Limited travel to various worksites is required.
Berkshire Hathaway PenFed Realty, LLC is a full-service real estate brokerage firm with over 60 offices and 1,700 world-class sales professionals, offering complete service coverage in Virginia, Maryland, District of Columbia, Delaware, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Florida, Tennessee, Kansas and Texas markets. Founded in 2006, we are a wholly owned subsidiary of one of the country’s largest and most financially stable credit unions, PenFed. We are also one of the largest franchisees within the Berkshire Hathaway Home Services network. The Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices network stands among only a few organizations entrusted to use the storied Berkshire Hathaway name, a name representing strength, integrity, trust and universal respect. PenFed’s products, pricing, and financial stability coupled with the Berkshire Hathaway brand creates a powerful combination for growth within the residential real estate arena. With growth of over 900% in the past 5 years, PenFed Realty is recognized as one of the fastest growing real estate brokerage firms in the country.
Our mission is to recruit, retain, and support the most knowledgeable real estate agents in the industry so that we may ensure a smooth and hassle free home buying experience.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 531-444-8329.