To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Alexandria, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Default Servicing Specialist
PenFed Credit Union • Alexandria, VA
Posted 10 days ago
Default Servicing Specialist
This position can be filled as a level 1-3, dependent upon experience.
PenFed Credit Union is hiring a Default Servicing Specialist at our Alexandria Service Center in Alexandria, Virginia. The primary purpose of this job is to collect obligations owed to the credit union from members by contacting and counseling members about their delinquent and otherwise defaulted accounts, securing payment(s), payment arrangement(s) and maintaining related written and digital records while complying with all related policies, procedures and regulations.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Review delinquent and default loans to determine course of actions to be taken and initiates appropriate follow-up activity, maintaining on-line chronological records of all facts, information developed, actions taken, and results.
- Work an established list of consumer loans and accounts in both a manual and automated collection environment for delinquent and defaulted loans up to and including charge off.
- Determine reason for delinquency, while providing options and/or repayment plans to assist the member.
- Counsel and solve routine as well as occasional advanced collection and defaulted loans, including billing issues.
- Submit requests for deferments and other financial hardship assistance as defined in procedure.
- Contact third parties such as relatives of the delinquent member, employers, personnel officers, creditors on credit bureaus for determining location/whereabouts of the member. Performs skip-tracing activities as necessary.
- Assist with maintaining PenFed’s compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and ordinances by abiding by PenFed’s compliance program and all policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Maintain records of all daily activities and reports to the Unit Supervisor.
- Processes writs of attachments and performs offsets within prescribed procedures on members’ funds on deposit.
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Associates Degree or a combination of education and experience that provides the necessary skills and knowledge to satisfactorily perform the essential job functions is preferred.
- Previous collection and or phone-based customer service experience preferred at a financial institution is preferred.
- Understanding of preventative, productive and remedial financial counseling is required.
- Strong negotiation and written skills.
- Ability to sit for long periods.
- Availability to work weekends and overtime periodically.
This position will not supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
There are no additional certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call may be required.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.8 million members and over $25 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 531-444-8329.