Start time: Various shifts
Start pay rate: 14.71 per hour
JOB SUMMARY / GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
This position is responsible for providing support for trailer movement at the distribution center, as well as assisting preparation of trailers for shipping and monitoring the status of loaded trailers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
* Drive tractor or yard truck, maneuvering into position to attach trailer and handle lines to secure.
* Clean and spot trailers to specified doors or lot locations.
* Fuel tractor or trailer and at times wash the equipment.
* Inspect trailers for defects.
* Back LTL or drop trailers into designated receiving door.
* Inspect loaded trailers to ensure product is secure for undamaged transport of product and that refrigeration unit is functioning: report any issues to Operations Manager or Warehouse Lead.
* Drive tractor-trailer within yard or within short distances outside of yard (only if have CDL), applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations and skill in maneuvering on the road and on company premises.
*Ability and willingness to select/load/unload and/or deliver ALL products that may be ordered by our customers.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
A teammate in this position must:
* Have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Have 2 years related driving experience is desired or be a recent graduate of truck driving school.
* Possess a CDL class A.
* Have accident free driving record for the past three years desired.
* Be able to read and comprehend an extensive variety of related written instructions.
* Be able to understand equipment ID numbering system.
* Be able to stand, walk, sit, climb, reach, bend, squat, and stoop to accomplish the essential job functions.
* Comply with company work rules and safety rules.
* Insure attendance and punctuality within company standards.
* The environment encompasses all areas of a Distribution Center, Transportation Department, or Transportation shop.
* This position requires the teammate to work outside majority of the time. May require working in hot and cold temperature extremes, exposure to dust, dirt, fumes, noise, potentially harmful chemicals, solvents and components.
* Working conditions could contain moderate noise, vibration of vehicle and extreme weather conditions depending on climate.
* Must be able to drive tractor or yard truck safely in adverse conditions, including darkness, rain, wind, snow, or ice.
* Closed-toe shoes must be worn at all times.
McLane offers competitive pay and benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, STD/LTD and 401(k).
Candidates must pass a background check, drug screen and other job requirements.
McLane is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.