To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New York, NY 10007
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Project Manager
Kforce Technology • New York, NY
Posted 14 days ago
RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client in search of a Senior Project Manager in New York, NY. The client is seeking a highly knowledgeable and experienced Senior Project Manager to provide initial staffing of a PMO.
This resource will:
- Manage projects throughout the entire software development lifecycle, providing direction for project teams and monitoring the progress of deliverables and tasks to the prescribed schedule
- Determine the project approach, resource requirements, team roles & responsibilities, and overall schedule
- Develop/review estimates and assumptions for the project's schedule, effort, and costs using established estimating models, best practices, and past experience
- Create and manage project risk mitigation and communication plans
- Create project charter and scope statements, weekly status reports, risk and issues logs, and other project deliverables as may be required
- Manage Systems Integrators, IT Security, Quality Control vendor relationships and their engagements, including participating in the creation of RFPs, review/selection of vendors, etc.
- Provide oversight and management of blended teams of consultants and staff from a functional matrix organization
- Support other members of project teams in their understanding of agency business needs, requirements deliverables, and appropriate methodologies
- Ensure that team members are adhering to the published and/or shared DoITT PMO methodologies, templates, and development standards
- Participate in the review of project artifacts including technical requirements, user experience design, architecture, testing and implementation documentation
- Address client concerns and escalate all project issues appropriately and manage to resolution
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Science, or Engineering (or demonstrated equivalent experience)
- Master's degree in Business, Sciences, or Engineering (or demonstrated equivalent experience);
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or Scrum Master (CSM) certification
- 4+ years of experience managing web based application projects (end-to-end)
- 2+ years of experience in Vendor management, WBS creation, project and resource planning
- Strong knowledge of Waterfall, Agile, and Hybrid methodologies
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project, agile oriented tracking tools and methods, and other project management software required
- High proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong familiarity with Business Analysis role in creating requirements, use cases, functional specifications preferred
- Strong demonstration of negotiation and conflict management skills
- Behavioral competencies that demonstrate leadership, self-awareness, adaptability, ability to be a systems thinker, attention to quality, and relationship/team building
- Ability to interact effectively with line staff, other project managers, and functional managers
- Ability to interface with executive level management and provide senior level presentations
- Strong and articulate verbal and written communication skills
- Strong familiarity with application testing methods and tools, including both functional and performance attributes
- Knowledge of responsive design, user experience design, data modeling, software integration, and/or software as a service (SaaS)
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.