To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Austin, TX 78701
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Director, IT Infrastructure & Operations
Public Consulting Group, Inc. • Austin, TX
Posted 1 month ago
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a leading public sector management consulting and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has over 2,000 professionals in more than 50 offices across North America and in Europe. The firm has five designated practice areas with extensive experience in all 50 states, clients in six Canadian provinces, and a growing practice in Europe. Often combining resources from two or more practice areas, PCG offers clients a multidisciplinary approach to solve their challenges or pursue opportunities.Responsibilities
• Sets the mission and vision of the Infrastructure & Operations (I&O) organization to foster a service-oriented culture and mindset driven by continual service improvement techniques.
• Leads the development of the I&O service strategy and technical roadmap ensuring its integration with the overall Corporate Technology and PCG strategic plans; communicating the plan effectively within all levels of the organization.
• Builds a team of IT staff whose combined skill set meets the current and future needs of the organization; securing external resources and /or recruiting staff with the skills required to fill any technical gaps.
• Works with the Corporate Technology senior leadership team on the service portfolio and the governance required to prioritize resources.
• Acts as a trusted advisor building and maintaining relationships with PCG technology leaders and business executives to develop a clear understanding of business needs. Ensures cost-effective delivery of IT services to meet those needs, and to respond with the agility to address changing business priorities.
• Sets and manages IT service delivery expectations within PCG.
• Demonstrates a strong sense of fiscal responsibility by establishing responsible operating and capital expenditure budgets reflecting the cost of providing ongoing services and new investments; monitor performance against all budgets and take corrective action to meet plan.
• Defines, develops and manages a comprehensive and integrated ITSM landscape, based on best-practice processes, disciplines and related toolsets.
• Develops and monitors effective key performance indicators.
• Evaluates and adopts relevant new technologies that improve the company’s infrastructure and business processes to achieve desired competitive positioning and enhance our value proposition to our clients.
• Maintains currency on new technologies and platforms and provides direction on emerging technologies that should be introduced and implemented in I&O.
• Provides strategic direction and oversight for the design, development, operation and support of IT service delivery systems that fulfill the needs of the business, including the full life cycle of technical architecture, infrastructure engineering, IT operations and IT service support.
• Directs the development of an I&O sourcing strategy and provides executive oversight for strategic vendor and partner relationship management.
• Manages the growing maturity of the organization by supporting and advancing the move from a project-driven to a product-driven, service-centric environment.
• Manages continual updates to and publishes the IT service catalog.
• Drives the adoption and commitment to continual process/service improvement.
• Develops and enforces enterprise technology standards, governance processes and performance metrics to ensure that I&O delivers value to the enterprise.
• Executes all other duties as required.
• Exceptional leadership skills, with the ability to develop and communicate an I&O vision that inspires and motivates staff and aligns with the IT and business strategy.
• Ability to build a strong partnership with the business and demonstrate the business value of I&O.
• Ability to manage an IT staff of 50 or more in a geographically dispersed organization.
• Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking, strategic planning, and execution skills.
• Strong business acumen, including industry, domain-specific knowledge of PCG business units.
• Expertise in budget planning and financial management, preferably with chargeback models.
• Deep understanding of current and emerging I&O technologies and practices, and how to deploy them.
• Prior experience with a broad set of information systems and technology infrastructures, including telecom, network, database, email, and customer facing systems, data center operations, proven large-scale 24x7 operations expertise, outsourcing, and international technology operations, and managing IT vendors.
• Prior experience with building, managing, operating technology infrastructures in a public cloud environment, such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, including supporting applications built in the cloud and migrating applications into the public cloud.
• Prior experience interconnecting on-premise infrastructure with public cloud environments creating a hybrid cloud.
• Application of appropriate information security and regulatory or statutory compliance, including HIPAA, SOC, GDPR.
• Success in leveraging traditional best practices, such as ITSM, as well as emerging methods, such as DevOps, that are optimized for agility.
• Practical experience in developing and implementing a high-performing ITSM environment and knowledge of ITSM best practices.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and execute a resource plan that ensures the right people are in the right roles at the right time, and employees are highly engaged and motivated.
• Deliver effective service management through the definition and adoption of a governance practice that uses KPIs and metrics to track and measure the quality of service delivery.
• Strong vendor management and partner relation skills to identify and leverage resources external to PCG.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts and technologies to business leaders, and business concepts to the I&O workforce.
• Prior experience developing and publishing an IT service catalog.
• Demonstrated ability for planning, tracking, and analyzing progress on all aspects of technical projects.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent experience; Master’s degree preferred
Experience: Fifteen (15+) or more years progressively responsible infrastructure and operations experience. Five (5) years’ experience managing infrastructure in a hosting or cloud service provider environment, preferably AWS.
Five to seven years of leadership responsibilities.
Demonstrated experience with public cloud infrastructure and operation.