To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Tampa, FL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Initial Claims Handler III
Permanent General Companies, Inc. • Tampa, FL
Posted 1 month ago
The General is seeking an Initial Claims Handler III to join our company.Responsibilities
- Evaluate and investigate policy coverage, liability and damages in a timely manner following a set of general claim and statutory guidelines.
- Assist internal and external customers with problems or questions regarding claims by phone or through written correspondence while providing a high level of customer service.
- Establish initial reserves for all potential exposures and adjust as appropriate throughout the claim.
- Establish and maintain appropriate management of assigned inventory following company guidelines.
- Recognize excess exposures and effectively communicate the implications of this both verbally and in writing to customers.
- Recognize and resolve minor injury exposures.
- Conduct thorough investigations which can include obtaining necessary documents or forms from customers and conducting recorded statements.
- Ensure timely completion of appraisals and determine accident related damages.
- Communicate with involved parties and negotiate appropriate settlements with claimants, insureds and attorneys within approved payment authority.
- Recognize recovery opportunities in regards subrogation and salvage.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- INS or other insurance related courses preferred.
- 2+ years auto claims adjusting experience, or similar work experience. Experience in Non-standard Auto a plus.
- Proficient PC and Windows skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication, critical thinking, time management, negotiation, organization and investigative skills.
- Proven ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to perform basic math calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division) as well as the calculation of averages and percentages.