To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Indianapolis, IN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Account Manager, WANDA
AkzoNobel Inc • Indianapolis, IN
Posted 2 months ago
Key Objectives of the Job
Our Account Manager position is the frontline sales person responsible for the execution of agreed sales and profitability targets established by the business group within the assigned sales area by acquiring new business and maintaining existing customers.
- Manage a portfolio of customers, in a designated area, to execute sales plan.
- Systematically screen customer base for new opportunities, generates leads and maintains pipeline. Opportunity to partner and sell through newly acquired distribution partner channel.
- Identify, plan and develop new customers in line with business development plans/targets.
- Provide appropriate and agreed levels of contact, service and support to ensure sales targets are met.
- Monitor sales against agreed targets on a regular basis to ensure they are met and where necessary the need for remedial actions are identified, reported and implemented.
- Plans own visit schedule in line with agreed customer service levels for that customer segment.
- Manage sales support activities in designated area.
- Collects, reports and analyzes the customer feedback / information on present as well as future market trends in the context of possible further market penetration.
- Identifies, targets and implements the approved sales strategies in the assigned marketplace.
- Coordinates own visit schedule with the assigned Technical Representative.
- Plans, executes and reports on the sales activities in the assigned sales area.
- Promotes the positive company image and develops long-term relations with the customers.
- Identifies business opportunities, pinpoints and tries to resolve existing and/or potential problems and requests support from the upper management.
- Delivers periodical progress reports and proactively submits recommendations regarding the improvements in the approach to the marketplace.
- Cooperates with the other departments in the implementation of approved service solutions.
- Proactively informs the upper management about the required sales support level (including marketing, technical, logistics and control) and cooperates in and coordinates the implementation of the defined activity.
- Systematically up-dates CRM with valid, accurate and complete customer-related information.
- Has expert knowledge on the features and benefits of available products/services.
- Cooperates with Technical Representative in educating customers on technical requirements of available product lines, IT support tools and non-paint assortment.
- Advises upper management on training types, recruits participants for relevant courses and gains commitment for customer attendance.
- Monitors and reports on the status of formal customer complaint procedure handling.
- Gets familiar with all applicable corporate as well as site policies/procedures with regard to personal conduct/HSE standards and acts in compliance with all regulations.
- High School Diploma Required; Two or four year degree preferred or 2-5 years experience in automotive paint or vehicle refinish sales
- 3 years of sales experience with vehicle collision repair industry or related automotive field required
- Prior distribution channel sales experience preferred
- Strong time management and communication skills
- Critical thinking, using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Active learning, understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making. Strong technical knowledge of coatings for automotive.
- Good computer skills including customer relationship management CRM software, internal database and Microsoft Office
- Requires a valid driver’s license and approximately 30 % travel