To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Tampa, FL 33646
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Smiths Interconnect • Tampa, FL
Posted 23 days ago
Responsible for all phases of product development from conception through production of RF/Microwave/MMW components (e.g. couplers, power dividers, LNA’s, mixers, PA’s, switches, phase shifters, attenuators, oscillators, antennas, ferrite devices, etc) and subsystems (e.g. transceivers, frequency converters, RADAR front-ends, radiometer front-ends, LO sources, frequency synthesizers, switch matrices, arrays) built up from these components. Responsibilities may include: Bid & Proposal, project management, detailed design, design for manufacture, testing and design production support. A high degree of flexibility is required due to the varying needs of the business, specific needs of the project, and along the project lifecycle. Requires a high degree of creative ability, engineering skill, and independent judgment.
- Application of advanced technical concepts, techniques, and procedures to the development of RF/Microwave/MMW products. Identifies and documents
- functional requirements
- Development of RF design and specifications, analysis of alternative designs, subassembly and module design, verification testing, and peer review of RF
- Provide necessary documentation and technical expertise to support bid and proposal efforts including technical writing and costing
- Contributes to complete major engineering projects or several small projects, including the efforts of Mechanical and Electrical Drafters, Technicians and other
- Engineering Staff
- Prepare and provides formal briefings to the Staff and Project Sponsors
- Lead technical discussions at project review sessions and in negotiations with the Project Sponsor
- Define and organize proposed projects into the tasks and activities needed to solve the problems being addressed. Schedule work to meet completion dates
- and technical specifications
- Regularly provide technical guidance and oversight to Technical Staff
- Comply with and ensure department compliance with Company health, safety and environmental policies
- Comply with all applicable U.S. export control and security regulations
- Manage engineering projects for technical performance, budget, and schedule
- Other duties as required
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, or relevant technical degree
- Minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience or Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, or relevant technical degree
- Experience with RF/microwave products is strongly preferred
Travel: Up to 25% domestic US travel may be required
Security: U.S. Person required (U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident). Ability to obtain Secret Security Clearance, if needed.
- Competent in RF linear and non-linear circuit simulation using software such as AWR, Eagleware, or ADS
- Competent in analog DC, AC, and transient circuit simulation using SPICE or derivative
- Competent in RF measurements and design validation procedures
- Experience with 2.5D and 3D electromagnetic problems and simulation tools
- Self-motivated, reliable, and accountable individual who assumes task ownership
- Ability to understand and evaluate metrics and apply process improvement measures
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines
- Knowledgeable of multi-layer printed wiring boards (PWB) design and layout up to 20 GHz
- Knowledgeable of single-layer duroid and ceramic layout up to 40GHz
- Knowledgeable of chip & wire/bare die design practices
- Knowledgeable of system architecture and block diagram planning of up converters and down converters
- Knowledgeable of frequency planning and mixer spurious analysis for up and down converters
- Knowledgeable of phase noise requirements, cascaded phase noise performance, and connection to hardware implementation methods
- General knowledge of the requirements for and design of microwave sources, LNAs, SSPAs, mixers, filters, and synthesizers
- SSPA design of at least 10W linear from C-band through Ka Band using GaN or GaAs devices
Smiths Interconnect provides high-speed, secure connectivity solutions that can perform at extremes of pressure and temperature. Our microwave technology is used to keep military radar systems online while our antenna solutions are installed across aircraft and space applications to enhance communications. Innovative cable solutions increase signaling functionality in autonomous transport systems and augmented reality and surgical robotics are made possible with connectors that increase bandwidth and data rates. Customers rely on Smiths Interconnect for mission-critical connectivity in the harshest environments.
Our blue-chip customers include Raytheon, Lockheed Martin, BAE Systems, Huawei, NVIDIA and Biosense Webster.
One of five divisions of Smiths Group, Smiths Interconnect employs over 1800 people. We have a global presence selling our products in over 50 countries with manufacturing facilities in nine countries and offices across North America, Europe and Asia.
It is the policy of Smiths Interconnect to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local LAW. In addition, Smiths Interconnect will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.