Is This For You?
Are you looking for that next step in your HVAC career? Are you someone with chiller expertise that would like to take your knowledge and share it with others? Are you detail oriented and passionate about helping others who work in the field? Are you looking for an opportunity to travel and see new places? Are you excited by the prospect of being in a destination role collaborating and delivering world class training to Johnson Controls mechanics and our customers? If that’s the case, Johnson Controls Inc (JCI) has an amazing opportunity for you!
As a Senior Instructor for Chillers in the fast paced Building Efficiency product portfolio, you will be leading training courses to both employees and customers. You will do this by teaching technical curriculum with state of the art technology to define the best approaches, bringing problem-solving and expertise to every class you have. Does this sound like you? If so, keep reading! What Impact Would You Have?
Everyone wants to feel like they’re having an impact? In this position, you absolutely will. You will have the opportunity to:
How Would You Accomplish This?
- Impact people from all areas of the field as a part of a team creating stimulating ways to help others improve their performance at work.
- Investigate new opportunities and participate in the development of effective training that is impactful and inventive.
- Continue to learn on a day to day basis about how our equipment and strategies work to conserve energy and protect our environment.
- Deliver assigned training sessions, which will include live classroom sessions.
- Arranges for an appropriate learning environment for the presentation of material, which may include room arrangement, audiovisual equipment, technical equipment, handouts, etc.
- Measures results of technical training using our tools for determining participant reaction, amount of learning, and ability to demonstrate new skills in the classroom setting.
- Reports results of measurements and evaluations to appropriate Program Leaders,
- May provide on-the-job coaching on selected projects.
- Evaluates the on-the-job effectiveness of former class participants as appropriate.
- Provides constructive feedback to learners on their understanding of new materials and their performance in the classroom.
- Turn in and maintains records, prepares reports and correspondence as required.
- Continuously updates and improves delivery and coaching skills including the use of new technologies for sharing knowledge and building skills.
- Assist Region and Branch personnel with training needs and questions about Technical Education.
- Assist external customers with their training needs and questions including documentation for remote courses.
- Maintain and upgrade lab equipment and computers used in training.
What Are We Looking For?
- Technical - Hands down, we need someone who can understand our products. Five plus years of experience with Centrifugal or Absorption chillers would be ideal, along with experience with variable frequency drives, safety procedures, scroll, screw and reciprocating compressors.
- Computer literate, needs to be able to navigate MS Windows and Office applications. Basic knowledge of networks and how they operate.
- Articulate – Your writing, communication and facilitation skills must be strong in order to clearly articulate and transfer the content.
- Educated – Holds an Associate’s Degree or Certification that would support the mission of this position.
- Travel Accepted – Likes to travel 50% of the time.
- Detailed – Realizes the importance of details in leading to impactful outcomes.
- Collaborative – Collaborates with IDs, learning professionals, product managers, program managers, stakeholders and more people in the business than we can count.
- Professional – Has personal ethics, does quality work and has a positive attitude.
If you’ve read this entire job ad and are excited, we want you to go through the apply process ASAP. Feel free to include the reasons why you’d be a great fit for this position, and what you think you would add to our talented team.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou