WEC Business Services LLC, a subsidiary of WEC Energy Group, is seeking a Sr. Risk & Controls Consultant in our Milwaukee, WI location. The Senior Risk & Controls Consultant will contribute to the performance of internal financial, operational, IT audits and/or projects by independently completing work as assigned. This encompasses providing assurance with respect to the effectiveness of risk management practices, governance processes and overseeing the system of internal controls. The Senior Risk & Controls Consultant is required to ensure audits are performed in accordance with department standards, maintain proactive business partner relationships and effectively communicate results.
- Contribute to the planning, execution and completion of complex audit assignments through collaboration with team members and by taking direction from others.
- Work independently and offer ideas and direction as it relates to audit scope and execution.
- Utilize project management principles to independently organize and execute assigned work; ability to take ownership in completing assigned tasks and work on multiple projects/priorities simultaneously.
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with business partners throughout projects and while presenting audit findings and recommendations to senior management.
- Demonstrate problem solving and analytical skills to analyze data, draw logical conclusions to identify risk and root cause and identify process improvements and recommendations.
- Possess a strong orientation to accuracy and detail.
- Exhibit strong customer service skills to internal and external customers.
- Ability to identify, document and evaluate the effectiveness of accounting, financial, operational and information technology controls.
- Possess knowledge of accounting principles generally accepted in the US and generally accepted auditing standards.
- Possess knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley and an understanding of the COSO or other controls (e.g. COBIT) frameworks.
Bachelors Degree - Accounting or Finance
- Required minimum five years of progressive audit experience or equivalent in a related field.
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Attention to detail, initiative and the ability to work well both independently and as a part of a team are required.
- Must be results oriented and possess the ability to work on multiple projects/priorities simultaneous.
Preferred Qualifications: Advanced professional certification of Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA). Interested candidates must apply online no later than the posting end date. We reserve the right to modify the application deadline or discontinue accepting applications for any position if deemed necessary.
Learn more at URL blocked - click to apply
WEC Energy Group and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
URL blocked - click to apply
Benchmarking (Project Management)