Q2 Solutions is a leading clinical trial laboratory services organization with end-to-end laboratory services and secure, enterprise-wide biospecimen and consent management solutions. With a relentless focus on quality and innovation, Q2 Solutions uses its global experience and scientific expertise to transform science and data into actionable medical insights that help customers improve human health. A joint venture of IQVIA (formerly QuintilesIMS) and Quest Diagnostics, Q2 Solutions combines the best of each parent organization’s clinical trials laboratory services capabilities to fulfill its mission of treating each sample as if a life depends on it.
Will consider candidates across North America.
- Provide scientific support and guidance to clients and BD Managers during all stages of the sales process, with specific focus on the technical aspects of next generation sequencing and companion diagnostics project scoping and project planning.
- Ensure appropriate technical strategy/solution is proposed to customer. Monitor actions and results against client expectations.
- Work with management to identify target customers, markets and services that matches the company's current and/or forward-looking capabilities. Participate in the analysis and definition of efficient, cost effective and creative solutions which help the customer address their scientific experimental goals
- Work directly with sales to help customers understand the scientific aspect of EA genomics capabilities and assists in closing business. Provide "best practice" technical advice and solutions throughout sales cycle.
- In collaboration with BD Manager and internal scientific teams, aid in collecting voice of customer (VOC) around current and future needs.
- Review and analyze VOC trends to inform internal product development activities.
- Participate in recurring product development team meetings to review and assess current portfolio and product development activities and deliverables to ensure alignment of internal resource availability with client timelines and deliverables expectations.
- Work directly with Operations, R&D, Bioinformatics and Companion Diagnostics leadership to maintain an advanced technical and operational understanding of EA genomics service offerings
- Actively prospect and leverage potential new business opportunities within specified potential new and/or existing Customers/Accounts.
- Actively network in the industry to establish relationships and to identify potential opportunities.
In collaboration with Companion Diagnostics leadership, establish and/or maintain and grow strategic relationships with diagnostic device manufacturers in the area of genomics technologies and applications.
- Under the leadership of Sales Management, and with the support of BD Managers, continuously monitor status of leads and opportunities to ensure a pipeline of opportunities is maintained.
- Report all sales related activities in CRM system.
- In collaboration with Sales Management and Scientific Leadership, aid in product specification development, and product development plan generation.
- In collaboration with product development team, assess product development progress across development portfolio to inform BD Managers of ongoing product development activities and timelines for release of new assays for client use.
- Prioritize current opportunities to align with organization's stated goals and objectives.
- Work across company's service lines and with sales teams to cross-promote and respond to requests for proposal (RFPs) as well as develop internal relationships needed to create solutions designed using multiple services.
- Handle customer inquiries and requests for information (RFIs) from both internal and external customers in a timely manner.
- Support sales and marketing services by attending, participating and speaking at trade shows and industry conferences.
- Identify and provide strategic information to support Business Development's annual plans as required.
- Work with scientific team to author and/or peer review abstracts for upcoming conferences.
- Work with scientific team to author and/or peer review posters, publications and marketing materials prior to submission and/or presentation at industry conferences.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Solid understanding of the principles of genomics with focus on Next Generation Sequencing (RNASeq, ExomeSeq, WGS, Targeted Resequencing, Bioinformatics), Microarray technology, RT-qPCR and Genomic Biomarker Strategies. Experience in clinical applications of genomics and companion diagnostics is strongly preferred. Experience in clinical oncology also preferred.
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and Salesforce CRM).
- Understanding of business and Industry Trends and ability to interpret the trends relevant to the business.
- Excellent analytical skills in assessing and interpreting customer technical requirements.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to create and give technical and scientifically focused oral presentations to large groups of scientists.
- Must be highly motivated, self-directed and capable of prioritizing opportunities and performing multiple tasks.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain demanding timelines.
- Ability to work independently and manage time efficiently.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s candidates required, Ph.D. or Master's degree in a scientific discipline (genomics or bioinformatics focus preferred), with 7 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Working in a next generation sequencing laboratory or genomics services company
- Working in a bioinformatics group supporting next generation sequencing data analysis.
- Providing field support to next generation sequencing and/or companion diagnostics equipment, services, and/or software solutions.
- Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech.
- Frequent travel – 50%
- Frequent long, varied hours
- Home office based, flexible location but preferably in Western or Midwestern USA.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at URL blocked - click to apply to arrange for such an accommodation.Job ID: