To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Omaha, NE
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Real Estate Loan Review Analyst
Pentagon Federal Credit Union • Omaha, NE
Posted 1 month ago
Real Estate Loan Review Analyst
PenFed is hiring a Real Estate Loan Review Analyst in Omaha, Nebraska. The primary purpose of this job is to perform quality control reviews for first and second trust real estate loan. This role will verify that loan documents are complete and accurate within PenFed policy and procedures guidelines.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform loan reviews to verify that all underwriting requirements have been met according to Investors, Qualified Mortgage, and PenFed requirements as evidenced by the documentation in the loan file.
- Determine whether loan originated within PenFed policy and NCUA and CFPB regulations. Verifies that required documents are present or have been completed as required. Validates that system completion adheres to policy.
- Assess defect ratings based on investor’s loan eligibility requirements.
- Follow up on previous deficiencies and examines sample of corrected files.
- Understand and interpret all compliance and credit underwriting documentation required to be present in each loan file.
- Maintain working knowledge of internal policies and procedures and external regulations that affect the department.
- Validate PenFed’s compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and ordinances by abiding by PenFed’s compliance program and all policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Ability to work cooperatively with Operations providing clarification of review results as needed.
- Identify gaps and recommend enhancements in PenFed’s compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and ordinances by abiding by PenFed’s compliance program and all policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintain working knowledge of Fannie Mae, Veterans Administration (VA), and Federal Housing Administration (FHA) quality control standards and requirements.
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, or other related field preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ progressive experience in Real Estate/Consumer Real Estate lending with loan analyst experience required; preferably in a bank or credit union environment. Prior experience with loan officer/underwriter QC auditing is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of lending and credit laws and regulations including, but not limited to, RESPA, Fair Credit Reporting, Regulations B, C, E, and Z, Home Mortgages Disclosures Act (HMDA), Truth in Savings, and the SAFE Act.
- Experience with real estate loans (origination, processing, closing, funding) required. Broad knowledge of consumer real estate lending, including first trust mortgage loans, home equity loans and lines of credit, underwriting, and servicing.
- Knowledge of lending compliance regulations and system definitions.
- Prior Correspondent and / or TRID experience is preferred.
This position will not supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
There are no additional certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call may be required.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.6 million members and over $23 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 571-495-7921.