Apex Systems is hiring for Desktop Support Technicians in the San Antonio area.
Desktop Support- Tier I
DoD Contract- 3 mo. Contract to Hire
San Antonio, TX
- First-level support of all inbound calls, generating an Incident for all new issues.
- Accurately logging, ticketing, and tracking/owning all incidents.
- First contact resolution of desktop issues or follow proper escalation procedures
- Provide accurate, timely, and professional resolution on all supported issues.
- Timely, accurate, thorough and professional follow-up on all Incidents.
- Quickly identify and escalate high-priority issues.
- Accurately triaging/assigning/escalating tickets per current processes and standards.
- Maintain dependable attendance and schedule adherence.
- Strong critical thinking skills that facilitate expedient problem solving
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to effectively communicate technical matters to a non-technical audience
- Hardware/software maintenance skills
- Ability to multitask while staying focused in a fast-paced competitive environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Proficient with Windows 7 and Windows 10 operating system
- Knowledge of mobile devices
- Experienced in the use of remote access applications
- Able to work in a team environment
- Able to resolve technical issues within the policies and guidelines provided
- Excellent customer service skills
- Department of Defense security clearance (ADP II Public Trust) or the ability to obtain one OR Candidates must be U.S. Citizens, and able to obtain and/or maintain a Secret security clearance as a condition of employment.
CompTIA Security+ Certified OR have a CompTIA A+ or Net+ and can obtain a CompTIA Sec+ within 90 days of employment
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCP) preferred
- 2 to 3 years of recent experience in a help desk/desktop support environment
- Familiar with Service Desk support methodology
- AA/AS Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field/equivalent experience preferred
- Familiar with ITIL
- HDI certification preferred
**If interested, please contact URL blocked - click to apply with an updated copy of your resume and the best time follow up with a call.**
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at Phone number blocked - click to apply
Server (Computer Science)