Kforce has a client that is seeking a Senior Director Finance - Biotechnology in San Jose, California (CA).
Our client a medical device company in San Jose, California is seeking a Senior Director of Finance to join the team. This position reports to the CEO of the division. This is an opportunity for an individual with strong Finance and Leadership skills to manage and lead the day to day activities of the Finance and Commercial Organization in the Biotechnology business. This is a growing business of this Company. The ideal candidate is a highly skilled and motivated individual with a proven history of delivering results. This individual must have strong leadership skills and exceptional capabilities to manage finance and commercial operations to support the business to grow, manage budgets, and drive profitability.
- Lead and direct all finance aspects of this division North America and Europe
- Oversee operations team including global supply chain and NA Customer Service in managing and growing the business
- Work with colleagues to proactively identify, structure and manage improvement initiatives that drive revenue and reduce cost
- Business Planning: Mid-range planning (3-year plan), budgeting, forecasting, financial analysis, cash flow management from NA, EU and Global perspective, investment analysis/capital expenditure proposals and accountability management for investment results
- Establish finance and all other back office capabilities as required to fully support the business
- Partner with shared service and support functions including purchasing, real estate, legal and IT
- Bachelor's in Accounting with MBA preferred
- CPA required
- Approximately 10 years of experience in leadership roles in finance preferably in a Life Sciences, Medical Technology, or Biotechnology organization
- Experience managing supply chain operations/customer service
- Experience in deal and contract negotiations
- Experience in relevant merger and acquisition activity preferred
- Possess excellent leadership and management skills
- Have a broad understanding of process, business, and manufacturing and proven ability to translate that understanding into execution with operational excellence
- Ability to make decisions, individually and in collaboration with others
- Proven track record of sound judgment including critical thinking and a good balance between a strategic and pragmatic approach
- Extensive liaison across business functions and assists in driving strategic development
- Need to be self-aware and demonstrate strong interpersonal flexibility
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across the business, functions and regions; being able to formulate vision and translate vision into execution plans with concrete deliverables
- Ability to engage senior business leadership
- Exceptional people and organizational skills demonstrated ability to work with all stakeholders, able to develop and mentor team members, develop and lead high performance cross functions teams with diverse backgrounds
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.