To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Omaha, NE
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
VP Mortgage Business Controls
Pentagon Federal Credit Union • Omaha, NE
Posted 1 month ago
VP, Mortgage Business Controls
PenFed Credit Union is hiring a VP, Mortgage Business Controls in Omaha, Nebraska. The primary purpose of this job is to meet regulatory, audit, and quality requirements of the Mortgage business units within defined business goals. This position will be leading the business “First line of Defense”. This position will manage related Policies and Procedures, manage Change Management and Vendor Management functions for the Mortgage Business across multiple locations. This position will also be the point of contact on all internal and external audit and compliance requests.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Ensure the department conforms to mortgage regulations including Federal and State as well as NCUA, CFPB regulations, and secondary marketing requirements.
- Coordinate with Quality Control issues, create, and execute action plans for identified issues that surface within internal or external audits.
- Coordinate third party investor reviews, audits and set up within systems.
- Serve as primary contact to respond to Audits from internal or external auditors. Implement action plans from responses to Audits from internal and external auditors.
- Provide system and operations recommendations related to business controls to promote continuous improvement of audit and compliance posture within mortgage business.
- Collaborate with Compliance and other departments within the credit union to meet strategic goals.
- Oversee accuracy of Mortgage related policies and procedures, and establish change management processes to keep policies and procedures current.
- Prepare adhoc reports and white papers as needed and present to executive team periodic updates on the division, to include volume, staffing, service levels and projects.
- Create business plans and budgets for the department and present to the President, Mortgage Banking.
- Oversee Quality Assurance, Vendor Management, Audit, Policies and Procedures and Change Management
- Maintain expert knowledge of mortgage industry and recommends changes to benefit the credit union, members and staff.
- Train and mentor new employees/contractors, and will actively engage in continual departmental process improvement.
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field is required.
- Advance Degree or equivalent is preferred.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years of progressively responsible experience in mortgages is required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a Director role is required.
This position will directly supervise up 4 managers and indirectly 50 employees.
Licenses and Certifications
There are no additional certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Limited travel to various worksites is required.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.6 million members and over $23 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 531-444-8329.