To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Alexandria, VA
- Kearney & Company
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Internal Controls Consultant
Kearney & Company • Alexandria, VA
Posted 1 month ago
Kearney & Company provides financial services exclusively to the Federal Government, including auditing, consulting, and technology services. Our commitment to our employees and clients as well as to dedication and trust, critical values to our Firm, have led to Kearney's recognition as one of the leading accounting firms in the country. Based on our employees' feedback, we are also consistently rated a Best Place to Work. Employment at Kearney means a flexible, collaborative, and open-minded work environment. We hope it is your "first easy decision." Learn more at www.kearneyco.com/careers.
Kearney has an exciting new opportunity for an Internal Controls Consultant to join our Alexandria, VA team. This position will function at the Senior Associate level and will serve as an Internal Controls Consultant who is well-versed in OMB, A-123 Internal Controls. He/She will help develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel and assess clients' satisfaction, demonstrate proficiency with accounting and auditing concepts and apply them to client situations, as well as identify and effectively communicate accounting and auditing matters to Managers and Principals.
- Perform internal control operational and financial reporting assessments
- Identify and implement operational efficiencies
- Author Mission Action Plans (MAPS) and/or Corrective Action Plans (CAPS)
- Facilitate internal control walk-throughs and document the outcome
- Develop and implement an audit strategy that complies with professional standards and appropriately address risks
- Understand the client's industry and recognize key performance drivers, business trends and industry developments
- Perform audit liaison tasks, as required
- Collaborate to plan engagement objectives, actions, and status reporting
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, and/or business-related field
- 2-4 years of experience in accounting/auditing
- Experience working with OMB A-123 and Green Book compliance (Federal experience)
- Ability to analyze control deficiencies and provide improvement recommendations in a complex client environment
- Understanding of full cycle financial reporting audits
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team as required
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills
- Advanced MS Excel and MS Access skills
- Ability to obtain a clearance (US citizenship required)
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task across both business and technical deliverables
- Understanding of the different levels of standard operating procedures
- Ability to read guidance and regulations and apply to standard operating procedures
- MBA/MS degree from an accredited college/university and CPA
- Experience with ACL data analytics software
Kearney & Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other classification protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, regarding accessibility of our website, a modification or adjustment of the job application or interview process due to a disability, please call 703-236-2391 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be advised that this contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of an application.