About AramarkAramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world's leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World's Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter. Description
Business Development is responsible for the development of the business plan based upon strategic initiatives.
TheDirector of Business Development is a highly visible, entrepreneurial role and a key lead in driving the sales strategy for new accounts directly, as well as through matrixed internal and external relationships.
- The position will focus on driving new customer acquisition through personal interactions with current or developed deep networks of top organizational leaders in various organizational settings, including top tier corporate & manufacturing environments.
- The ideal candidate must be able to work with various levels within the company both up and down stream, and within customer/client organizations.
- They must have knowledge of the industry from both operational and sales perspectives.
- Creative and analytic abilities, high energy, self-motivation, persistence, a positive outlook and the ability to focus on a specific strategy are essential to success.
- The role requires professional presentation skills and executive presence.
- Understanding of target and existing accounts (Fortune 100) and strategy in decision-making processes are required.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required.
- A minimum of 5 years strategic selling experience is required.
- Prior sales leadership experience is also preferred.
- Knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications and Adobe Acrobat is required.
- This position will report to the Senior Vice President of Sales
- Sales Territory: IA, IL, IN, KY, MI, MN, MO, OH
- Up to 75% travel