To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Tampa, FL 33602
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Director of Operations (Food) - Higher Education
Aramark • Tampa, FL
Posted 26 days ago
About AramarkAramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world's leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World's Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
About Higher Education
When it comes to on-campus dining, facilities services, sport arenas and conference center services, Aramark is the real head of the class. Partnering with close to 600 colleges and universities throughout the United States, we strive to provide the best residential, retail, and catering options, service and facilities for students, faculty and administrator. Our programs are second to none in their innovation, excellence and results. As part of our commitment, we are determined to build and develop the best team of professionals in the industry - people who aren't afraid of spearheading change, who know how to lead and who appreciate endless opportunity.
Responsible for planning and managing a high volume, complex, multi-location dining service operation in conjunction with the Resident District Manager.
Scope of Role:
Primarylevel of impact is within own operation. Operations vary in size, but generally have three or more components and full size kitchens.Total managed volume is $10M–$30M. Generally manages 70–400 employees.
- Develop and be accountable for a safety culture that creates a work environment where no one gets hurt.
- Plan, direct, and control all unit food service and resources to meet operating and financial goals, client objectives, and customer needs in a multi-unit operation.
- Responsible for analyzing all financial reports for residential and retail operations.
- Review all financial measurements with directors to ensure achievement of financial goals.
- Develop operational component forecasts and is able to explain variances.
- Provide guidance and support in developing action plans to address areas requiring improvement.
- Ensure compliance with Aramark Standard of Operations in all residential, retail, and catering operations.
- Interact with Client Management and maintains effective client and customer relations at all levels with client organization.
- Ensure compliance with company policies such as safety, wage and hour, sanitation, and purchasing.
- Responsible for recruiting, training, and succession planning of all talent at location.
- Oversee the implementation and maintenance of new marketing, sustainability, and culinary concepts for residential and retail locations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree (and/or requisite industry and management experience).
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience in a food service operations.
- The ability to manage in a diverse environment with focus on client and customer services, entrepreneurship and building and growing a strong business.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with clients, customers, and support staff and be able to respond effectively to changing demands.
- ServSafe certification required.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office suite applications is required.