To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Port Arthur, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Advantage Resourcing • Port Arthur, TX
Posted 7 days ago
LAST UPDATED: Jan 11, 2018
Advantange Resourcing is looking for a General Manager for the Beaumont Texas Area
About the Company:
For over 50 years our Client has supported the Power, Refining, and Chemical industries throughout the Gulf Coast with best in class valve repair services, delivering process solutions for control, relief, and automated valve requirements, along with industrial equipment including liquid level measurement, pressure gauges, PLC’s, and more.
The General Manager will be responsible for effectively planning, managing and sustaining the designated location’s distribution and service efforts through the coordination and management of operations and business development. This position will also be responsible for demonstrating leadership in preserving the safety and quality of all operations. The General Manager will ensure optimum efficiency of operations and maximize profits in accordance with company policies, practices and procedures.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring the branch is ran in a safe and efficient manner
- Provide consistent leadership, accountability, and mentoring to all employees
- Full P&L responsibility inclusive of inventory management
- Create annual business plan and three year branch vision
- In partnership with the regional sales manager, provide direct line management to account managers connected with the branch
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key branch customers
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key suppliers
- Manage the business profitability while providing unparalleled customer service
- Drive continuous improvement in plant operations and reduce cost and increase the value proposition
- Ensure all products meet/exceed safety, quality, cost and service expectation as defined by our customer
- Plan the consistent availability of product and manpower by developing and achieving a realistic production schedule
- Responsible for the smooth and efficient flow of materials through the manufacturing plant by optimizing equipment, facilities layout, equipment maintenance, training of personnel, and implementing world class systems for controlling key quality and cost variables
- In partnership with HR, implement a personnel training program to ensure people with key skills are available and adequately trained
- Assist in developing new processes and technologies to improve plant efficiencies
- Ensure the facility complies with all applicable US environmental, OSHA, and other regulatory requirements
- Work with Human Resources for hiring, terminations, performance evaluations, and staff development to create functional excellence
- Identify business opportunities with existing/new customers to ensure all expectations/goals are met
- Required to interact/develop a positive relationship with customers to ensure all expectations/goals are met
- Become the benchmark in the industry for continuous improvement in safety, service, & quality
- Confer with managers/supervisors to obtain data required for planning activities such as monthly preflash submittals
- Assigns or delegates responsibility for specified work or functional activities and disseminate policies and objectives to supervisors and staff
- Perform miscellaneous duties, tasks & projects as needed
Positional Requirements & Qualifications:
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or 5+ years of experience in relevant or equivalent position
Skills & Abilities
- Strong interpersonal, communication, technical, and presentation skills
- Highly organized
- Effective time management
- Detail oriented
- Strong leadership
- Must be able to travel and have a clear driving record in accordance to Setpoint IS driving guidelines
- Clear background check and drug/alcohol screening
Essential Physical Functions:
- Travel: less than 5%
- Lifting up to 50 pounds
- Bending, stooping, walking and/or ability to stand for up to 75% of shift
- $110,000-$125,000 plus bonus
- Full benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long Term Disability, an employer matching 401K plan, Paid Time Off, and more.
- Employees are also eligible to participate in our Incentive Program that rewards corporate customer service goals and financial objectives.
(Salary Depends on Experience)