To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
701 5th Avenue
Seattle, WA 98104
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Legal Secretary - Trial
Dorsey • Seattle, WA
Posted 11 days ago
Dorsey & Whitney is a trusted legal advisor and valued business partner with locations across the United States, Canada, Europe and Asia. We are a premier legal counselor to companies worldwide in a wide range of industries, including banking & financial institutions; development & infrastructure; energy & natural resources; food, beverage & agribusiness; healthcare; and technology.
We are seeking a Legal Secretary in our Trial department for our Seattle office. As a valued team member, you will provide legal administrative support in a dynamic environment to attorneys and paralegals. Are you a strong communicator? Do you love handling multiple tasks at a time? If you love working with clients from a variety of industries in a professional environment, then we would love to hear from you.
In this role, you will:
- Proactively maintain overview of timekeepers' workload and caseload; anticipate next steps and implement follow-up procedures.
- Create, edit, revise, redline, and/or proofread documents from dictation, handwritten, typed, and/or electronic copy.
- Maintain timekeepers' calendars of meetings and business trips. Coordinate client/attorney/administrative conferences, meetings, and appointments for timekeepers and clients. Coordinate travel arrangements as necessary.
- Prepare, edit and file paper and electronic documents with appropriate courts and agencies and ensure proper procedures are followed and deadlines are met.
- Process and route incoming mail and electronic communications. Prepare outgoing mail (including boxes/packages for shipment).
- Coordinate preliminary conflicts checks. Prepare new client/matter intake forms and engagement letters and audit responses.
- Assist with billing process, including daily time entry. Prepare accounting documents as required, including check requests, expense and travel reimbursement requests, and trust documents.
- Maintain electronic and paper files.
- Assist with reviewing daily docket and coordinating with attorneys and paralegals on upcoming dates and deadlines for filings.
- Assist with special projects and cooperate as a team member with co-workers.
What we’re looking for:
- High School diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
- At least 5 years of legal secretary experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Strong knowledge of litigation and trial procedures, including ECF (federal and state) electronic court filing programs.
- Experience with calendaring.
- Strong attention to detail, proofreading and organizational skills.
- Ability to work as a team member and communicate effectively with all levels of personnel.
- Accurate typing skills of 50 wpm.
Dorsey values the strength that comes from a diverse and inclusive workplace. It contributes to the success of our people and our clients and enriches our experience. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply.
Dorsey & Whitney LLP is an EEO/AAP/Disabled Vets Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, affectional preference, disability, age, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, military or veteran status, or any other legally-protected status.
How to Apply:
Dorsey & Whitney LLP accepts online applications. Please go to the “Careers” section of the Dorsey website at www.dorsey.com/staffjobs and complete Dorsey’s online application form. We do not accept application materials by mail or email except as a reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled applicants. Individuals who are unable to use our online process due to a disability should call 612-492-5178.
Dorsey offers a competitive pay and benefits package including health care plans, a generous paid time off policy, paid holidays, retirement savings plan, profit sharing contribution, and more.
Please note that Dorsey is not currently accepting search firm submissions in connection with this opening.