BAI is a financial services association and leading industry resource for powerful tools, relevant content and meaningful connections enabling financial services leaders to make smart business decisions. The BAI IT team partners with its functional business associates to define the company’s technology strategy, deliver innovative applications and continuously improve its internal and customer-facing technology assets. We are seeking a Software Engineer who has a broad understanding of front-end web development, application-tier programming, object-oriented programming practices and database design and structure. This position will contribute in building, improving and maintaining the company’s internal systems and external commercial applications.
- Utilize current front end web technologies to create compelling and intuitive user experiences with rich functionality.
- Provide application development and support; maintain optimum functionality of databases and .NET applications with the end user experience in mind.
- Perform analysis, design, develop, and maintain systems and subsystems.
- Create SQL queries and Stored Procedures; update and/or create reports.
- Responsible for the documentation of and adherence to current development standards; to seek opportunities to utilize current or additional applications to create process improvements.
- Coordinate and support testing activities (including development of test cases and scheduling of test events with key IT staff and users) for changes and releases (both internal and vendor based) to web applications supported by the BAI IT applications group.
- Communicate with all levels and functional areas of the BAI organization.
- This individual must be highly motivated, self-directed, and possess solid execution and follow-up skills.
- Detail oriented, but understands broader impacts of projects and tasks.
- Ability to probe beyond the surface of the requested data to get at the valuable, actionable information is essential.
- Must be able to check and validate the results of their own work.
- Adjust quickly to changing priorities as directed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with all business stakeholders.
- Needs to possess a strong analytical, quantitative and objective outlook.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- 0-3 years of experience in information technology developing, supporting and maintaining both custom and packaged systems
- Experience or coursework related to .NET Application Development (C# with Visual Studio)
- Experience or coursework related to SQL (SQL Server RDBMS and Management Studio, T-SQL, Stored Procedures, Functions, etc.)
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies strongly preferred
BAI offers an outstanding benefit package including comprehensive insurance coverage, a 401(k) plan with company match, generous vacation/personal time programs, and bonus potential with the ability to work in a collaborative, team oriented environment.
To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about BAI, please visit www.bai.org.
Use Programming Language