To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1301 Main Street
Kansas City, MO 64105
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
H&R Block • Kansas City, MO
Posted 17 days ago
Responsible for the analysis, design and implementation of the data requirements for assigned projects/initiatives. Identify and document data in existing systems. Ensure data designs focus on reducing data redundancy, increasing data reusability, and enhancing data integrity. Develop data models for shared operational data store, data warehouse and data marts. Develop meta data to provide thorough, clear definitions of data. Develop logical and physical data models to ensure new databases integrate appropriately with the enterprise data architecture and other subject area models.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops logical and physical data models of new systems to ensure that the new database integrates appropriately with the data architecture directions. Develops logical and physical data models for shared operational data store, data warehouse and data marts.
- Utilizes reverse-engineering tools to identify and document data in existing systems. Works with business units and application developers to ensure accurate and thorough understanding of data.
- Work with business users, DBAs, Applications Developers, and Data Quality Team to ensure clear, thorough definitions of data elements and description of contents 4. Maintains and enhances knowledge in all areas of information management.
- Reviews design documentation with users, business analysts, architects and developers.
- Assists in technical walk-through sessions, participates in post-implementation project reviews, and ensures that data design documents are developed, maintained and accessible.
- Conducts and/or participates in facilitated requirements and design sessions to ensure that system performance, capacity, and functionality are clearly identified such that appropriate data model decisions can be made.
- Participates in post-project assessments to discuss strengths and weaknesses, seeking opportunities to continuously improve the enterprise data architecture.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or the equivalent through a combination of education and work experience.
- Two (2) years Data Analysis experience supporting a wide variety of data driven projects including corporate data modeling, operations data store modeling application data modeling, and business intelligence data modeling.
- Two (2) years experience with data modeling tools (e.g. ERWin).
- Exposure to IT design, development, implementation and support functions.
- Exposure to relational database design and development.
- Ability to translate user requirements into technical data specifications.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Teamwork skills.
- Previous DBA experience (SQL Server or Oracle).
- Exposure to data warehouse and/or decision support data modeling.
- C#, .Net development skills.