To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
- Apply via CareerBuilder
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Journeyman Automotive Technician / Mechanic
Crystal Lake Chrysler Jeep Dodge • Chicago, IL
Posted 1 month ago
State-of-the-art equipment and career advancement, it’s all here for an Automotive Technician at Crystal Lake Chrysler Jeep Dodge in Crystal Lake, IL!
Journeymen technicians perform repair and maintenance work as required, which usually includes inspecting, testing and calibrating equipment.
- Perform work specified on maintenance and repair orders with efficiency and in accordance with dealership and/or Mopar standards
- Diagnose and repair vehicle automotive systems including engine, transmission, electrical, steering, suspension, braking, air conditioning, etc. to specification
- Provide labor and time estimates for additional automotive repairs
- Explain mechanical diagnoses and required repairs in a non-technical manner to service advisors and customers
- Continuously learn new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions in order to stay abreast with rapidly changing technology.
- Inspect and test new vehicles and recording findings so that necessary repairs can be made
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as an automotive technician (automotive mechanic)
- Hold a valid driver’s license
- Team oriented, flexible and focused on maintaining a high level of customer service
- Working knowledge of shop equipment such as wheel and tire equipment, alignment system, diagnostic equipment, AC equipment, etc.)