City of Fort Worth
Sr Equipment Operator
Pay Range: $18.53 to $23.16
Closing Date: 8/29/19
The City of Fort Worth Water Department has a Sr Equipment Operator job available in our Field Operations Department. The Field Operations Department is the largest division of the Water Department.
Sr Equipment Operator job duties include:
• Operate complex equipment such as cranes, bulldozers, trenching machines, back hoes and service trucks.
• Maintain records of equipment used and operations performed.
• Assist in preparation and delivery of equipment and materials.
• Exercise technical and functional supervision at job site as needed.
• Perform skilled and semi-skilled tasks related to completion of assigned jobs.This includes cutting branches, operating jackhammers, shoveling asphalt, mowing, cleaning and other duties.
• Ensure preventative maintenance on equipment is completed as required.
• Inspect equipment before and after use.
• Complete daily operation reports and timesheets.
• Perform all assigned tasks and work with crew leader to remove any unsafe working conditions.
• Perform all assigned tasks and work with Crew Leader to remove any unsafe working conditions.
• Assist with setting up traffic cones and barriers.
• Cut branches, operate a jackhammer, shovel asphalt, mow, clean and perform other necessary duties to complete work.
Minimum job requirements:
• High School Diploma or GED.
• At least three years previous professional experience in the operation of motorized equipment.
• Possession of a Texas Class A CDL driver’s license and an acceptable driving record.
• Possession of or ability to obtain TCEQ Type I or Type D license within six months of hire. In order to obtain this license you must be able to pass a written test and criminal background check.
• Ability to move objects weighing up to 20 pounds constantly, 50 pounds of force frequently and up to 100 pounds of force occasionally.
• Must be able to pass a physical and drug test.
Preferred experience includes:
• Experience working in construction, field operations, or maintenance.
• Prior utilities work experience.
• Prior experience supervising or leading a work crew in related field.
Apply on-line at:
Job ID: 52237
Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)