Serve as the key technical liaison in support of opportunity identification, pre-sales information exchange and analysis, requests for information, technical proposal analysis and submittal, post-sale customer support and related internal support of engineering, manufacturing, marketing, sales and quality initiatives.
· Supports analysis of technical requirements for new business opportunities and customer or prospect requests for information
· Generate technical proposals, compliance matrix’s, white papers, and installation instructions as required
· Serves as the primary technical interface with respect to support of post-sale configuration, installation, system integration and technical support activities, including troubleshooting and assisting in the repair return process.
· Assist in Root Cause and Corrective Action activities
· Actively participates in customer training and support projects
· Travel of approximately 35% per year to meet customer need
Education & Experience
· Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or related engineering field from an accredited university, or equivalent technical degree combined with minimum 10 years of technical product development/technical support activities and experience in a customer support environment.
· 5+ years direct aviation experience required, preferably with exposure to aviation battery, starter/generator and power distribution/inverter/converter systems.
· Knowledge of aviation certification requirements and disciplines such as DO-160, DO-254, DO-178, DO-311a as they relate to TSO, Type Certification or Supplemental Type Certification activities. Knowledge of FAA Special Conditions is a plus.
· Ability to read a hardware schematic relative to logic flow, functional execution and component function and specification parameters.
· Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication capabilities, including ability to interface and facilitate with individuals at all levels and customer /prospect organization.
Installations (Computer Systems)