City of Fort Worth
Industrial Automation Control Specialist (PLC/Instrumentation)
Pay Range: $62,451.00 to 81,187.00
Closing Date: 8/27/19
The City of Fort Worth Water Department as an Industrial Automation Control Specialist – PLC/Instrumentation job available. You will design, configure, integrate and implement process control solutions for the various City of Fort Worth water plants. This includes DCS, PLC, HMI Packages, SCADA systems, and networking technologies. You will also install, maintain, monitor, troubleshoot and diagnose issues with process control software applications and hardware.
Industrial Automation Control Specialist job duties include the following:
• Design, configure and implement process control solutions for various water plants
• Install, maintain, troubleshoot and diagnose issues with process control software application and hardware
• Read, create and implement complex schematics and understand electrical wiring to and from PLC’s and field instrumentation
• Maintain a secure and reliable SCADA environment
• Participate in the development, design, and construction of control systems throughout the Water Department
Minimum job requirements include:
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major course in Electrical Engineering, Control and Instrumentation Engineering Technology, or related field.
• Five years of experience in PLC/DCS programming, operation and maintenance of plant and computerized process control or SCADA systems.
• Possession of a valid driver’s license.
Preferred experience working in/with:
• Possession of an Electrical License in the State of Texas
• Instrumentation or electrical field experience
• Electrical work on pump controls
• PLC, Programmable Logic Controllers
• Familiarity with Ovation or other Distributed Control System (DCS) platforms.
• Repair, inspection, adjustment and calibration of electronic controls
Apply on-line at:
Job ID: 52228
Human Computer Interaction
Programmable Logic Controllers
Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition (Scada)
Distributed Control Systems
Computer Control Systems