Sirius Technical Services is hiring a Structural Marine Designer with Outfitting experience for a contract assignment in Pascagoula, MS
Position: Outfitting Designer
Location: Pascagoula, MS
Please submit resumes to Email blocked - click to apply
(251) 443-1166 x 115
Sirius Technical Services Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law.
- Basic Qualifications AS or other 2 year technical degree in related discipline and six (6) years related experience.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience can be used in lieu of degree. Requires experience with computer aided design equipment such as AutoCAD.
- Must possess a full understanding of Naval Architecture/Structural/Foundation/Outfitting & Furnishings. Prior Naval Architecture experience is a must.
- Designs components or portions of systems and modifies existing designs to develop or improve products and facilitate manufacturing operations.
- Utilizes computer-aided design equipment and/or graphic tools such as, CAD, CAM or CATIA. Gathers information, makes studies, computes calculations, and prepares original rough layouts, sketches to present design proposal.
- Coordinates design criteria with engineering, manufacturing, tooling, material, and planning group such as ease of manufacture, availability of materials, and contractual specifications. Exclude classifications in which incumbents predominantly perform drafting assignments.
- Must be extremely knowledgeable of how all engineering functions interface.
Computer Aided Design
Engineering Design Process
Engineer In Training