Development Project Facilitator
Pay Range: $62,451.21 to $81,186.57
Closing Date: 8/9/19
The Planning and Development Department is seeking a Development Project Facilitator. This position is responsible for performing advanced developer project facilitation assignments and managing these complex projects through the various review and approval processes that private development projects must undertake through the City of Fort Worth.
The Development Project Facilitator position is responsible for helping to ensure efficient processing by heading inter-departmental (and inter-jurisdictional) project teams, negotiating special review accommodations, acting as the developer’s liaison throughout the development review process and being the project champion that advocates for expedited project delivery while also ensuring that the City’s regulations and project requirements are still met. The Development Project Facilitator is also responsible for implementing business improvement initiatives and nurturing a continuous improvement culture.
Examples of projects and roles that may be assigned to this position include being the project facilitator for infill/redevelopment projects, large commercial and/or industrial projects, public-private partnership projects for the construction of vital arterial roadways, and other projects with an important community impact.
Examples of duties currently assigned to this role include;
• Evaluating facilitated projects to identify when they are eligible for early addressing, early grading, permit release prior to plat, etc. and coordinating with our alliance partners in T/PW, Water, Storm Water, IPRC, P&D to forge the path to make these allowances
• Initiating and conducting periodic project specific meetings (weekly, monthly, etc)
• Coordinating and leading inter-jurisdictional project meetings (TRVA, TRWD, Counties, etc)
• Maintaining a facilitated project database and project schedules for each project
• Identifying procedural issues/problems within the broader “development review process” and working with the correct individuals to discuss the issue, devise alternatives/solutions, and implanting those corrections to streamline the review process
• Coordination with the Transportation Impact Fee program and CFA programs in order to negotiate and manage P3 arterial roadway projects
• As a part of the P3 project work, assisting in the creation of Transportation Impact Fee Credit agreements with developers
• Conducting weekly pre-development conferences and pre-plat meetings
• Responding to City Manager and Mayor/Councilmember special requests to investigate and facilitate projects
• Responsible for the creation and update of various “development guides’ such as the “Commercial Development Guide” and the “Infill Development Guide”
• Drafting and routing of M&C’s for P3 arterial projects, facilitated project CFAs (with City participation), MOUs, fee waivers, etc
• Responsible for identifying and implementing opportunities to improve development and permitting processes
• A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Planning, Urban Planning or Design, Public Administration, Urban Geography, Civil Engineering, Real Estate, or a related field.
• Five (5) years of experience in planning with an emphasis on transportation.
• Valid Driver's License
In addition to the stated minimum experience and education, the ideal candidate will have significant experience in land development, including demonstrated knowledge of the various municipal and other regulatory requirements for development projects, permit and land plan review processes, a clear understanding of the City of Fort Worth’s development review process and a familiarity with typical infrastructure requirements for development projects is strongly preferred. The preferred candidate will have excellent written and oral communication skills, a demonstrated ability to lead project teams, an aptitude for quickly analyzing a project and determining potential issues and an aptitude for being ‘solutions oriented’.
Apply on-line at:
Job ID: 52133