To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1301 Main Street
Kansas City, MO 64105
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Paralegal - Ethics and Compliance
H&R Block • Kansas City, MO
Posted 17 days ago
H&R Block, the world’s leader in tax preparation services, is looking for a Senior Paralegal - Compliance. This position is located at our corporate headquarters, in the premier downtown Power & Light District of Kansas City, where everything is either steps or a streetcar ride away. Our office offers an onsite fitness gym and coffee shop, an awesome company cafeteria, free parking, and frequent opportunities to get discounted or free tickets to a variety of entertainment venues and shows.
This position reports to the company’s Vice President and Deputy General Counsel, Corporate Secretary and Chief Ethics Officer, and is part of a group within the H&R Block law department that focuses on corporate legal matters. This position requires considerable knowledge of legal terminology as well as good initiative, judgment, and follow-through.
What you’ll do…
- Working closely with attorneys and paralegals throughout the legal department, provide support on a broad range of topics, which may include some or all of the following
- Provide key support for the day-to-day oversight and administration of the company’s ethics and compliance program, including monitoring and responding to inquiries to the company’s ethics hotline, supporting the annual Code of Ethics certification process, assisting with the preparation of reports to the Board of Directors, and other duties as needed
- Provide support for corporate transactions and domestic and international subsidiary governance matters related to corporate finance, including preparing resolutions, agreements, and other documents, assisting with closings, preparing and filing documents with various government and regulatory bodies, and coordinating efforts with internal and external constituents as necessary
- Provide support with corporate matters, strategic initiatives, mergers and acquisitions, and other corporate transactions
- As needed, provide backup support for corporate governance activities, including assisting in the preparation for Board of Directors and committee meetings, as well as securities disclosure and compliance activities
- Assist with department administrative functions as necessary
- Communicate with all levels of other departments and respond to inquiries concerning various corporate matters
- Conduct legal research and analysis on a broad range of issues and assist in the preparation of various legal reports and updates
- Other duties as assigned
What you’ll bring to the role…
- Bachelor’s degree, plus completion of paralegal certificate from an ABA-approved program or other relevant combination of education and experience
- At least five years of experience as a Paralegal
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills
- Positive attitude and willingness to tackle challenges as part of a team
- Knowledgeable in general principles of corporate law
- Proven ability to take on substantive work with limited supervision and work efficiently in a deadline-driven environment
- Experience using and searching electronic document management systems, databases, and other applications
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Understanding and previous use of a Windows-based computer system with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
It would be even better if you had…
- Experience in a corporate legal department or law firm
- Experience supporting ethics or compliance-related matters
- Experience supporting sophisticated corporate transactions and subsidiary governance initiatives, including complex corporate structure issues