To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Alexandria, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
EAP Counselor (Licensed)
A-Line Staffing Solutions • Alexandria, VA
Posted 2 months ago
EAP Counselor - Alexandria, VA
Looking for a Licensed professional to work as an EAP Counselor with for a Federal Contract. Must be able to pass a Public Trust level of Clearance (security clearance)
Schedule Hours: Monday - Friday Start 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM (1/2 hour lunch)
EAP Counselor Job Description Summary:
- Provides direct support to organizations and their employees through the delivery of assessment, consultation, education and triage services.
- Uses knowledge of federal regulations to assist organizations in their appropriate handling of employee concerns and problems.
- Consults with employees and organizations on variety of workplace and work-based issues. Provides clinical expertise in order to restore employees with diminished performance to healthy functioning.
- Provides employee consultation related to specific personal problems and concerns. Provides crisis assessment and intervention as needed.
- Completes clinical and administrative documentation and required forms in a clear and concise manner.
- Manages caseload and other tasks to meet both qualitative and quantitative performance expectations.
- Provides behavioral health assessments, accurate clinical diagnoses, and referral to appropriate level of care. Provides expert consultation to employees and/or supervisors on a variety of workplace and work-based issues. Provides information and referral to community resources as appropriate. Provides clinical consultation/staffing in absence of EAP Manager.
- Participates in activities as requested that help improve SBU and/or client performance, excellence and culture.
- Supports team members and participate in team activities to help build a high-performance team.
- Demonstrates flexibility in areas such as job duties and schedule to aid in better serving its members and help Magellan achieve its business and operational goals.
- Assists in efforts to continuously improve by assuming responsibility for identifying and bringing to the attention of responsible entities operations problems and/or inefficiencies.
EAP Counselor Requirements/Certifications:
- Masters in Behavioral Health
- License: LCPC, LPC, LCSW or LMFT REQUIRED
- Minimum of 5+ years of clinical experience after receiving the graduate degree.
- Clinical training must include instruction on chemical dependency, mental health and brief therapy.
- Must have understanding of workplace issues, how businesses function and a fundamental understanding of employee/employer relationships.
- Must be capable of acquiring an understanding of EEO rules, ADA in the workplace, FMLA, and Drug Free Workplace Requirements.
- Must be able to provide accurate client assessment including level of risk, substance abuse and dependency, job performance issues and refer to appropriate level of care.
- Competent in crisis intervention.
LCPC, LPC, LCSW or LMFT, behavioral health, mental health, substance abuse, employee services, employee assistance counselor, health plan, crisis center, crisis line, telehealth