To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Project Development Manager
Per Se Group • Chicago, IL
Posted 8 hours ago
Per Sé Group has an immediate need for a Sr. Project Development Manager in the renewables industry to work on solar and wind projects.
· Manage process to move projects from green field development to commercial, pre-construction stage
· Effectively manage green field and existing projects to ensure schedule and budget objectives are achieved
· Coordinate feasibility studies and project development activities with cross functional resources, peers, and outside consultants to ensure projects stay on track
· Negotiate land rights acquisition with landowners and address land use issues
· Work with Environmental Manager to define, apply for and manage complex federal, state, and local environmental, construction, and related permits, and support community outreach efforts with stakeholders
· Coordinate wind resource assessment activities with Wind Analysis staff
· Work with Power Marketing staff to manage interconnection studies, load flow analyses, and assist in PPA negotiations
· Identify and communicate any project risks and develop mitigation strategies for all Acciona stakeholders
· Identify and introduce new potential joint venture partners, project acquisition opportunities and green field opportunities
· Identify and develop relationships with stakeholders; effectively communicate with a range of personalities, including land owners, partners, government officials, technical experts, utilities, and consultants
· Prepare and present detailed project analysis to key Acciona stakeholders including presentation of key financial metrics
· Effectively manage internal and external relationships
· Actively participate in development of business case for growth in the North American market
· Coordinate with other corporate departments both domestic and international
· Ensure that timelines and budgets are effectively managed
Desired Skills and Expertise:
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Physical Science, Engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience
· Demonstrated previous experience in energy development, specifically wind energy and/or solar PV and/or energy storage projects. Understanding of deregulated electricity markets
· Previous experience (5 years minimum) in a relevant project management position with proven track record of building, leading and managing a multi-disciplinary team, preferably in the renewable energy or other power generation industry
· Excellent written and oral communications skills; the ability to develop clear and concise development plans and presentations regarding project status, timeline, risk assessment, and budget needs and performance
· Ability to operate at a detailed level, to organize and multi-task, with a dedication to seeing projects through to completion
· Ability to read and interpret topographic and other land use maps, preferably with some experience with Graphic Information Systems (GIS)
· Understanding of local community dynamics, with the ability to negotiate effectively with landowners, permitting authorities, utilities, and other stakeholders
· Understanding of cost accounting, budgeting, and contract implementation
· Works well in, and potentially be responsible for leading, a team environment or individually, but must be able to collaborate
· Previous business and industry experience preferred
· Willingness to travel (at least 50% of the time)
Job Type: Full-time, Direct Hire