To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Omaha, NE
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Cost Control Analyst
MVP • Omaha, NE
Posted 9 days ago
* This position is located in Elkhorn, NE
The Cost Control Analyst with be responsible for project labor and expense plans. Possess an extensive understanding of project management and accounting systems. Process project billings as well as aid in client billings. Provide detailed financial reviews for all projects assigned. Must have a thorough understanding of cost control policy and internal processes and procedures. Meet and collaborate regularly with cost control team, project managers, and field staff to communicate and reinforce internal processes and procedures.
• 1-4 years of related experience
• Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or related field
• Works well within a team-oriented environment
• A proficient understanding of general accounting standards and principles
• Familiarity with construction accounting practices is a plus
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
• Strong labor and cost planning and forecasting skills
• 16 hours of continuing education annually
• Aid in risk mitigation by alerting management of known and unknown risks on projects through proactively monitoring labor and expenses for assigned projects.
• Analyze project costs and revenue trends, reporting status to local Cost Control Manager.
• Provide planning and/or assistance with cost control support.
• Assist Project Management and Field staff with monthly forecasting, including validation of projected feed and percent complete forecasts.
• Monitor project progress, investigating variances, reviewing commitments and costs for compliance.
• Routinely attend project Scrub meetings for assigned projects.
• Work with Project Managers to set-up project budgets and route for approval.
• Ensure compliance with corporate processes and procedures on all project cost control efforts.
• Confirm project documents comply with contractual requirements.
• Assist with the electronic processing of applications for payments and invoicing needs on assigned projects, including AIA application processing, within required invoicing deadlines.
• Attend weekly status and review meetings with corporate and regional cost control staff.
• Responsible for learning project management and accounting software to produce system reports for management staff.