To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Milwaukee, WI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Baker Tilly Search & Staffing, LLC • Milwaukee, WI
Posted 1 month ago
Our client is a growing real estate company that is looking for an Accountant to join their team. With a large and growing accounting and finance team, there is significant opportunity for growth and advancement within the department. The company boasts a team-oriented culture, great work/life balance, beautiful new offices and provides their employees with the tools and training necessary to succeed.
The Accountant will be responsible for providing financial reporting, primary accounting and bill processing for assigned accounts. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The Accountant will compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts.
- Analyze financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital.
- Prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize current and projected company financial position.
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets.
- Audit contracts, orders, and vouchers, and prepare reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to monthly close process.
- Responsible for new project start-up accounting as new properties are acquired, and disposition reporting as properties are sold
- Prepare monthly and annual financial statements for properties including account reconciliations.
- Establish, modify, document, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
- Interprets operating results as they affect the organization and make recommendations for improvement.
- Prepare annual tax work papers for outside accounting firm and review completed tax returns for accuracy.
- Perform on-going detailed reviews of reports and financial information to ensure compliance with agreements.
- The Accountant will perform other duties and special projects as needed.
- The Accountant will have 1+ years’ experience, property management and/or real estate accounting experience a plus. Public accounting experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and financial reporting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel. Experience with Yardi and/or MRI a plus.
- The Accountant will have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or other related field.
- CPA preferred but not required.
Equal Opportunity Employer