To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Colorado Springs, CO
- Kyle Brady
- Phone: 800-617-6172
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Test Reliability Electrical Engineer
The Computer Merchant, Ltd • Colorado Springs, CO
Posted 8 days ago
Title: Test Reliability Electrical Engineer (advanced)
Colorado Springs, CO
Duration: 12 month(s)
Manage small projects in development, coordination and conducting of technical reliability studies and evaluation of engineering design concepts and understands and can develop and analyze, reliability test plans. Recommendation of design or test methods and statistical process control procedures for achieving required levels of product reliability. Compilation and analysis of performance reports.
• Review schematics and customer requirements for each product to assure accurate tests are being performed for each product
• Create detailed testing procedures for the fire and gas detection for several programs
• Evaluate and understand the Bill of Materials to make sure that all of the components are accounted for during the testing
• Prioritize tasks and testing procedures to meet company and customer goals
• Execute validation and regression level tests
• Verify functional requirement on new product designs
• Create effective testing procedures in order to execute 200+ tests using multitasking techniques
Track progress on program testing to ensure schedule goals
• Document product and procedure test results in an organized manner for leadership and co-workers to review
• Analyze defective components and/ or product systems
• Conduct failure analysis to understand the test failure, document the cause(s), and notify the team and supervisor of results
• Compile and report any unusual conditions or high risk results that could affect the quality and even safety of the product to leadership using Excel and other testing log software systems
• Follow-up with engineering teams on re-designed product or products that needed technical updates/ changes after test results
• Review, test, and validate agency requirements for each product to ensure that they all meet standards
• Collaborate with the team and share ideas on process improvement
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled
• 5+ years of experience working as a test engineer on electronic products in an engineering lab (combination of years spent in product design are also applicable)
• Proficient using digital and analog testing equipment such as multi-meters, oscilloscopes
• Excellent self-task management/prioritization and documentation skills in a R&D or testing lab environment
• Understands how to read and interpret schematics, installation sheets, and bill of materials
• Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills with little to no supervision
• Interpersonal skills to work with several departments, including engineering and production
• Experience working on failure probability models and risk mitigation plans
• General understanding of engineering equipment like soldering irons, hand-held power tools
• Expert on Microsoft Office (especially Excel and macros in Excel)
• Ability to stand for long periods of time and lift up to 50 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodation
• Must be authorized to work in the U.S.A. without restrictions
• Experience with a Surface Mount Technology (SMT) a plus
• Knowledge of Engineering Graphical Packages
• Worked in the fire and gas industry with knowledge of regulatory standards such as UL268/217/521/EN54
• Expertise in Minitab, and/ Or LabVIEW
• Past experience with product design
• Bachelor's Degree in electronics or electrical engineering or related field.