A leading marketing company is looking for an analytical Senior Accountant to join their growing team. This position will offer a great work-life balance, a family-oriented team feel, and opportunities for growth!
Responsibilities of the Senior Accountant
• Assist with the month-end close of General Ledger, prepare and enter journal entries for corporate operations into the general ledger and assist with preparing month-end schedules, and analysis.
• Prepare the draft for the financial statements and footnotes
• Assist with annual budget preparation for the corporate site
• Assists in maintaining various accounting systems and processes. Contributes ideas and innovations to improve upon existing systems, work processes and procedures affecting month-end financial close, account analysis preparation, and financial reporting.
• Researches and respond to questions from Finance department partners and business unit/department partners. Provides reports as requested and creates custom report formats as needed.
• Special projects as needed
Summary of Experience for the Senior Accountant:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting
• CPA and public accounting preferred but not required
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
• Attention to detail
• Effective customer service skills
• Ability to interact effectively at various levels of the organization
Standard Accounting Practices