At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Consumer Credit Card, Retail Services, Consumer Deposits, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Our guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
The Financial Crimes Supervisor 2 will manage one of five teams of 15- 18 Financial Crimes Specialists and Analysts responsible for complex operational processes, including fraud detection/prevention activities, to stop losses related to demand deposit transactions and behavior.
- Provide guidance to staff to determine the most appropriate action to apply to prevent or minimize losses while meeting all internal and external compliance and regulatory requirements
- Recommend and support production and workflow improvements
- Research and resolve escalated fraud issues, communicating with customers, vendors,business partners, and risk management
- Work with risk management loss strategy partners to assess, recommend, and implement changes to existing fraud strategies
- Assist in establishing department guidelines and policies to maximize efficiencies and improve customer experience
- Contribute to establishing performance standards, evaluate performance, develop training materials, and train/coach staff
- Build and maintain solid relationships with peers, staff, and business partners
- Recruit and retain strong, capable people in a dynamic and changing environment
The successful candidate for this role will have strong leadership and performance management skills, and have experience with HR related activities. The candidate will also demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills, proven ability to build effective relationships across LOBs and job levels, ability to provide coaching and training, and have effective time management skills. Additionally the candidate will have bank item processing, fraud detection, and customer service experience, and the ability to apply a regulatory risk lens to expeditiously perform reviews and render decisions while balancing loss mitigation implications with potential negative customer experience.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
Schedule: Tuesday-Saturday 10:00am-7:00pm. Work outside scheduled hours may be required, per business need.
**Telecommuting option is not full time, but some flexibility to work remotely.
Note: This job posting may be pulled sooner than the noted end date based on applicant volume.
- 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: financial services, fraud, investigations, Bank Secrecy Act, anti money laundering, or criminal justice
- 1+ year of leadership, supervisory, or management experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- 3+ years of financial crimes experience
- Project management experience
- Ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other business and functional areas
- Ability to influence and collaborate at all internal organizational levels
- Ability to manage a virtual or remote team
- Ability to motivate and provide performance feedback to staff
- Ability to supervise by distributing work and providing work direction
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision in a structured environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) skills
- Knowledge and understanding of financial crime, fraud, or risk management
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong independent thinking skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Experience delivering results in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Experience driving and leading organizational change in a dynamic environment
- Experience managing virtual team members
- Experience with Hogan, SVP, Operations Image browser (OIB), Relationship History (RE), Hold Application (HA), Share Point, and Universal Workstation (UW)
- Experience with HR related activities
- Proven ability to build effective relationships across LOBs and job levels
- Effective time management skills
- Bank item processing, fraud detection, and customer service experience
- Ability to apply a regulatory risk lens to expeditiously perform review and render decision while balancing loss mitigation implications with potential negative customer experience
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.