To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
199 Church Street
New York, NY 10007
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Structured Products Analyst
New York State Insurance Fund • New York, NY
Posted 27 days ago
Structured Products Analyst
Salary: $140,000 - $180,000
Timeframe to Apply: 02/27/19 - 03/29/19
The Investment Department of the New York State Insurance Fund (NYSIF) is seeking an experienced structured credit professional to analyze a variety of complex structured products in its growing, internally-managed fixed income portfolio. The Structured Products Analyst will report to the Senior Portfolio Manager for Structured Products.
Candidate must be a New York State resident or willing to relocate. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluate and analyze credit and structures for Collateralized Loan Obligations (CLO), Commercial Mortgage Backed Security (CMBS), Asset Backed Security (ABS), Mortgage Backed Security (MBS), etc. on a daily basis using internal and industry tools;
- Produce written reports including structured product evaluations and quarterly updates, credit memos, and industry reviews;
- Research and analyze collateral and structures, analyze loan details and issuer information on new issue Collateralized Loan Obligations (CLO), Commercial Mortgage Backed Security (CMBS), Residential Mortgage Backed Security (RMBS), Asset backed Security (ABS), etc;
- Utilize vender-based research to reflect changes in structured products modeling assumptions;
- Provide fundamental and relative value research to generate structured product driven investment ideas and strategies to achieve best ideas within structured products;
- Performing ongoing due diligence and surveillance or structured portfolio positions, and communicating updates in a timely fashion;
- Strong communication skills, a demonstrated ability to effectively interact with senior management, and a track record of individual initiative are required;
- Candidate should be experienced using standard evaluation tools such as: Intex Calc, Trepp, eMBS, Markit, Bloomberg, Yieldbook and Point, Andrew Davidson Vector, Blackrock Aladdin a plus. Programming skills and VBA/SQL a plus.
- Bachelor's degree and three (3) to five (5) years' experience in institutional, fixed income structured product research
- Preference may be given to candidates who have obtained their MBA or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) credential (CFA study at any level a plus)
Primary Location: New York, NY Travel: Minimal
To Apply: Please email resume and cover letter to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. If necessary, candidates may also mail the information to: New York State Insurance Fund. 15 Computer Drive West, Albany, NY 12205.
The New York State Insurance Fund (NYSIF) was established in 1914 as part of the original enactment of the New York State Workers' Compensation Law. NYSIF's mission is to guarantee the availability of workers' compensation insurance at the lowest possible cost to New York employers and to provide timely, appropriate indemnity and medical payments to injured workers, while maintaining a solvent fund. Since inception, NYSIF has fulfilled the dual roles for which it was created: to compete with other carriers to ensure a fair market place and to be a guaranteed source of coverage for employers who cannot secure coverage elsewhere.
NYSIF is the largest workers' compensation carrier in New York State and among the top 10 largest workers' compensation carriers in the nation, insuring approximately 155,000 policyholders, with more than $2 billion in annual premium and $18 billion in assets. A self-supporting insurance carrier, NYSIF operates without taxpayer funding.
In addition to workers' compensation insurance, NYSIF provides disability benefits coverage for off-the-job injuries to more than 61,000 New York employers. In 2018, NYSIF added Paid Family leave as a component of its disability benefits product, providing New Yorkers with job-protected, paid time away from work to care for their families.
Please note the following New York State Civil Service employment information:
- Jurisdictional classification: Exempt
- Bargaining Unit: Management/Confidential
- Civil Service title: Special Investment Officer
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Govenor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].