To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1200 Main Street
Kansas City, MO 64105
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Foland, Wickens, Roper, Hofer & Crawford, P.C. • Kansas City, MO
Posted 16 days ago
Law firm located downtown is seeking a litigation paralegal for a fast-paced insurance defense firm. We seek an individual that is detail-oriented and well organized.
Assist and provide a range of legal support and administration to attorneys before, during and after trial, including researching case information, draft reports and legal documentation and case management. Other duties as assigned.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Perform general case management, including document management, docket maintenance, and scheduling depositions.
· Draft pleadings, discovery requests, subpoenas, motion papers, statement of facts, and general correspondence.
· Interview clients, experts and witnesses as part of trial prep.
· Assist in pre-trial research, including travel to courts, hospitals and other locations to obtain and review documents and/or case files.
· Collect and organize medical records and create chronologies, as well as analyzing pleadings and employment, social security, tax and other discoverable records.
· Assist and attend depositions and trials and assist with post-trial work and/or appeal briefs.
· Project management, and other duties as assigned.
This position is full time, Monday through Friday. The firm offers a wide range of insurance benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and life. The firm also offers 401k and cafeteria plans. Additional benefits include paid vacation, PTO and paid parking. Salary will be based upon experience and qualifications. For consideration, please submit your resume and salary requirements.
· Minimum 3 years of experience as a litigation paralegal
· Experience with case filings and electronic court docketing/filing systems
· Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines
· Proficient in utilizing research tools such as Westlaw, LexisNexis.
· Motivation and ability to work under pressure, in a fast-paced environment
· Experience with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook
· 5+ years of experience as an insurance litigation paralegal
· Paralegal certification
· Advanced Microsoft Office experience
· Proficient in time-keeping, bates labeling and/or redacting.
· Experience with Worldox electronic storage system.
· Experience supporting multiple attorneys