To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Alexandria, VA 22314
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Inside Sales Representative
Transportation Intermediaries Association • Alexandria, VA
Posted 1 month ago
The Transportation Intermediaries Association (TIA) is the professional organization of the $186 billion third-party logistics industry. TIA is the only organization exclusively representing transportation intermediaries of all disciplines doing business in domestic and international commerce. TIA is the voice of transportation intermediaries to shippers, carriers, government officials and international organizations. TIA is the United States member of the International Federation of Freight Forwarder Associations (FIATA).
Inside Sales Representative
Success in the role is going to take someone that is extremely sharp, knows the market and has the wherewithal to slug it out in a competitive environment. We need someone with a determined work ethic and a high activity level in order to be successful. You can’t be afraid to hear “no” and you view the unmovable obstacle, not as a challenge, but an achievable chance to make a difference. If this sounds like you, then you’ll find that we are an ideal place to nurture that perspective and build a rewarding, long lasting career!
TIA, an Alexandria-based trade association, is seeking a tenacious association sales professional to utilize their skills and talents to successfully perform the following duties which will include, but not be limited to:
- Using independent thought and abilities, generate sales of new memberships, in accordance with the goals of the Strategic Plan, keeping track of all activity in Sales Force.
- Maintain prospects leads; warm and nurture leads through the membership engagement funnel.
- Manage and build the relationship with the new member from acquisition through two renewal cycles.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Sales or Vice President of Member Development.
- Organized self-starter with excellent communication skills.
- 3 years of association new member acquisition sales and/or inside sales experience required.
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving; ability to determine solutions for customers (consultative sales approach).
- Strong ability to communicate the value of membership; implementing creative and proactive methods of engagement.
- Must be results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Highly collaborative, team-focused professional with the ability to communicate effectively with peers and leaders at all levels and provide exceptional customer service.
- Embraces accountability, trust, and openness to continually promote and foster a high-performing environment.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite applications and contact management software.
- Solid experience with Salesforce.com (CRM) required.
Based in Alexandria, VA, located near the King Street metro, TIA values their team’s time and efforts. They offer a competitive salary, depending on experience, along with additional incentive compensation earnings potential. A generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401K, vacation, flexible spending and additional options is also provided.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.