To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Richmond, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Material Handler Level I – II
Fareva • Richmond, VA
Posted 2 months ago
Material Handler Level I – II
Fareva is currently seeking an experienced Material Handler Level I – II to join our team in Richmond, VA.
Who we are: Fareva is a leading contract manufacturer of pharmaceutical and personal care products. Located at intersection of Darbytown Road and Laburnum Avenue in Eastern Henrico County. Employs 600 full time employees. Comfortable climate controlled facility covering over 745,000 square feet.
- Ensure continuous supply of componentry to the packaging lines so that the packaging process can be most efficiently performed.
- Assist in maintaining a neat and clean working environment on the packaging lines in accordance with PPGs and 5S principles.
- Perform all duties and operate all necessary tools and equipment in accordance with applicable PPGs, safety, OSHA and cGMP requirements to ensure quality and integrity of product and safety of employees.
- The incumbent in this job may be required to handle, transfer and label hazardous waste as necessary to comply with EPA regulations.
- Complete operator check-off list at start of shift. Strictly observe site safety rules regarding equipment use. Ensure forklift license is valid. Report equipment malfunctions via established procedures.
- Removes all componentry from the previously packaged order from packaging line unless the componentry is to be used in the next product order to be packaged
- Count and confirm componentry quantities supplied by the label room prior to use on the lines and confirm quantities returned from the line at the end of the order
- Identifies correct packaging componentry and lot numbers and moves componentry to the packaging line
- Where applicable, keeps product and cap hopper filled
- Makes accurate, legible entries on batch production records, logbooks, clean-up sheets and other documents as required. Signs required documents
- Maintains correct product separation and identifies packed pallets and attaches correct pallet tickets.
- Where applicable, packs finished packaged products on pallets observing predetermined pallet patterns.
- Maintains a First In/First Out inventory status for product and componentry.
- Monitors the status of packaging lines to keep supplied with componentry and product. Maintains minimum levels near the end of orders to reduce returns.
- Reports all accidents, incidents, near misses, and potential hazards to supervision immediately.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Facilitator
- Completes all required training on all aspects of the operation; PPG’s, batch record documentation requirements, safety and cGMP’s.
- Assist in and act as resource for the training of new and less experienced employees.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Forklift certification
- 1+ years' experience as a Material Handler
Skills and Abilities:
- Competency in the use of the following tools/equipment: fork lift, pallet jack, automatic pallet stretch wrapper and calculator. Must successfully complete required skills tests including basic computer navigation skills assessment.
- May be required to handle, transfer and label hazardous waste as necessary to comply with EPA regulations.
- May be required to lift up to 50 lbs. individually, or more utilizing team lifting or material handling equipment.
- Visual demands: requires close attention to detail of lot numbers and control numbers.
- What we offer: Competitive salaries, comprehensive health/vision/dental insurance, company paid short term disability, company paid life and accidental death insurance (after 30 day waiting period), 401(k) plan match of 4.5% with immediate vesting, generous employee referral program, 12 days of vacation annually, 12 paid holidays annually, onsite cafeteria, job advancement opportunities. Manufacturing employees also receive company paid work shoes, uniforms and prescription safety eyeglasses.
Please submit your resume and salary requirements via the "Apply Now" button and you will be routed to our application system.
You must click "Submit" button to be considered.
Equal Opportunity Employer