To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New Haven, CT
- Apply Via CareerBuilder
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Truck Mechanic/Diesel Technician
Troiano Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram • New Haven, CT
Posted 27 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Truck Mechanic/Diesel Technician are tasked with repairing the most challenging and time-sensitive problems that vehicles have when they arrive at the service department. Truck Mechanic/Diesel Technician also may spend much of their time diagnosing and repairing unusual problems, rather than conducting more routine vehicle service or simple repairs.
The duties of a master technician include:
- Conferring with customers or service advisors to obtain descriptions of vehicle problems, and to discuss work to be performed and future repair requirements.
- Examining vehicles to determine wear and extent of damage or malfunctions.
- Assisting the shop foreman/lead technician in recruiting and hiring qualified service technicians as well as assisting technicians with their skills, providing technical support when needed and monitoring performance and productivity.
- Testing and adjusting repaired systems to meet manufacturers' performance specifications.
- Ensuring that the shop is in excellent condition in regard to cleanliness, safety, and equipment condition, and conducting periodic spot checks to maintain high-quality service.
- Test-driving vehicles, and testing components and systems, using equipment such as infrared engine analyzers, compression gauges and computerized diagnostic devices.
Master technicians should:
- Have 5+ (preferably all 8) The National Institute of Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certifications which include:
- (engine repair, engine performance, heating and air conditioning, electrical systems, automatic transmissions, manual transmission and axle, brakes and front end)
- should have at least five plus years of experience as an automotive technician.