To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New Haven, CT
- Apply Via CareerBuilder
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Truck Mechanic/Diesel Technician
Chrysler Dealer • New Haven, CT
Posted 27 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Truck Mechanic/Diesel Technician are tasked with repairing the most challenging and time-sensitive problems that vehicles have when they arrive at the service department. Truck Mechanic/Diesel Technician also may spend much of their time diagnosing and repairing unusual problems, rather than conducting more routine vehicle service or simple repairs.
The duties of a master technician include:
- Conferring with customers or service advisors to obtain descriptions of vehicle problems, and to discuss work to be performed and future repair requirements.
- Examining vehicles to determine wear and extent of damage or malfunctions.
- Assisting the shop foreman/lead technician in recruiting and hiring qualified service technicians as well as assisting technicians with their skills, providing technical support when needed and monitoring performance and productivity.
- Testing and adjusting repaired systems to meet manufacturers' performance specifications.
- Ensuring that the shop is in excellent condition in regard to cleanliness, safety, and equipment condition, and conducting periodic spot checks to maintain high-quality service.
- Test-driving vehicles, and testing components and systems, using equipment such as infrared engine analyzers, compression gauges and computerized diagnostic devices.
Master technicians should:
- Have 5+ (preferably all 8) The National Institute of Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certifications which include:
- (engine repair, engine performance, heating and air conditioning, electrical systems, automatic transmissions, manual transmission and axle, brakes and front end)
- should have at least five plus years of experience as an automotive technician.